All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.
Many thanks for your kind support.
Model Boats Website Team
January 2018: 19 people December 2017: 7 people November 2017: 13 people October 2017: 9 people September 2017: 15 people August 2017: 10 people July 2017: 16 people June 2017: 8 people May 2017: 3 people
As a mark of respect of the loss and for a fellow modelmaker the stack of fish boxes I have made for Emily PII has one from DH142...
Mizzen/Steadying Sail - Posted: 26th Oct 2017
Mizzen/Steadying Sail in place but needs tweaking ! It will only be used for display purposes as it was only used when hauling pots to keep the boat into wind, not as an underway aid ! I dread to think what effect it would have on the model underway on our lake !!! 😱
Attached Photos - Click To View Large
Pond Trials!!! - Posted: 14th Oct 2017
She Floats !!! And on her marks !!! Albeit a slight list to the Port side which is due to her open working starboard side and is a characteristic of the real deal. To say I am chuffed is an understatement after first starting the build 36 years ago !!!
Trouble is I can't get in to ageing and distressing things. The real boat never had this sparkle when it was launched. I used to run my own car valeting business so I am a stickler for everything being A1 so its alien to me to make things look dirty or used I suppose !!! I'll have to live with it !!! 😊
I know what you mean! I thought the first model I did looked lovely before the treatment but once the rust was added the whole model became 'real'! Rust is something that goes with the territory on a fishing boat! And we mustn't forget mud on the hull if she sits in it!!!
You should get good results with that iron. Not sure what type of solder you used but the resin cored works well. My local pound shop sells a paste flux in a small tub and this will help the solder run into and around the joint. If you are making adjacent joints with that iron you may need to use damp cloths to stop the heat breaking the already soldered joints. I sometimes use a big piece of copper that I clamp over the parts needing protection. You clearly have mastered the process right from the start and are to be congratulated Dave