Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Guest
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!
   
Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play


Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.



£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team


Donation History
October 2018: 5 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 9 people


Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact


Model Boats Website
Active Users (5)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Boat Building Blogs > Hellen Fishing Boat
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43782
Hellen Fishing Boat Print Booklet
Author: canabus   Posts: 1   Photos: 16   Subscribers: 0   Views: 194   Responses: 6   |   Most recent posts shown first   (Show oldest first)

mdlbt.com/43783
Hellen Fishing Boat - Posted: 17th Jul 2018
Hi All
This year I bought an unstarted kit, but, sold it to a club member.
A month later one of the club member wish to swap for a faster boat and as my Sea Commander required a repaint and fittings.
I thought a swap for a very good working Hellen was a good deal.
So are making a dingy and replacing the broken prop with a brass one I had my second Hellen for the year.
Three weeks ago another Hellen pops up on Gumtree(aka EBAY), so it was to cheap not to buy it.
While waiting for it to come, I made a new stand, a dingy with oars and a set of fenders.
When it arrive the mast where laying on the deck broken, but , the posted pics show that.
The motor is a 11 to 1 geared MFA Como 919 D which runs OK.
A spare new plastic prop.
Started on the repairs, like the keel and deck around the mast bases.
The aft mast was broken in half, so I brass sleeved it.
The aft sail was missing and the forward sail was all glued up, so I bin it.
So this is the boat pics so far.
Canabus

Attached Photos - Click To View Large

Response by canabus on the 22nd Jul 2018
Hi All
Fast track the boat to get it in the water, still has a few bits to do.
I replaced the geared motor with a rock crawler 55 turn HPI motor, a lot quieter.
The boat ran well and a good turning circle.
Trim the end stop on the transmitter to 80% for the next outing.
Remove a bit of ballast from the stern as it was to low at the stern in the water.
The side fenders require a bit of lead in them to hold them down.
Canabus
Response by canabus on the 26th Jul 2018
Hi All
A few pics of both boats on the back deck!!!
Canabus
Response by RNinMunich on the 26th Jul 2018
Excellent work Canabus👍
And some great tips for my Danish fish cutter restoration / conversion.
My first fishing boat!😲
Thanks😊 Cheers, Doug 😎