I haven't gotten very far since I first posted about my plans. I just wanted to give you an update since I haven't posted anything since. I had to spent a lot of time deciding on the material as I didn't find was I was planning on using and had to change plans somewhat, which complicated construction. Basically it was a keel plate with frames and B/B for fore and aft stems. I couldn't find a wide enough straight board. I had to go to birch plywood with 2 fore and 2 aft sides able to plane to the curvature. I am building the main hull with water tanks with air valves to obtain loaded draft which poses its own technical difficulties. They will be internally connecting at the bottom, to allow control of water levels by shutting of individual air valves, hoping I can seal top covers (acrylic) air tight.
I was able to use my almost 60 year old 1:200 drawings for mast etc enlarged on my printer to 1:150. So, for now I put everything away for safe storage till the fall as I will be traveling over the summer.
Once I get back at it, I still have to do a lot of fixing inaccuracies on the frames to get everything exact before I start glueing.
I like to get your opinions as to the best epoxy method for waterproofing inside the tanks and ofcourse outer hull as well.
No likes yet
This member will receive 1 point
for every like received