• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    by kevinsharpe πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Leading Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 3 Photos 6 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    onetenor
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Veron Vosper F.P.B. 52"
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Why not try it yourself JonπŸ‘πŸ‘
    boaty
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Flag
    Online: 2 months ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The Veron F.P.B does appear to be a very rare model and I feel Β£300 would be a reasonable price especially when you take into consideration how much a modern day manufacturer would want. Just look at prices for Deans Marine models, mainly their Vosper M.T.B. which is a lot smaller. Also Veron kits seem to have been overlooked and the only model that is easy to obtain is the Slec version of their 26inch River Police Launch. Phil Smith was a great designer of boats and aircraft . I sold my Veron RTTL in the mid 1990s and my fleet today consists of one original Sea Commander, one 34 inch Crash Tender , both of which I restored, an italeri PT109 and two RTR fast electrics. TOP TIP for anyone who buys your F.T.B- trace around the parts and use them to build the model while keeping the kit intact. I do this with my Keil Kraft control line aeroplanes.

B😁😎oaty
    Dave Keech
    jonryan
    Recruit
    Flag
    Online: 6 months ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hmm. Perhaps I'll start looking for some other vintage boat kits! 😁
    kevinsharpe
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 13 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Jon.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it would make Β£300. I have looked around for about six years and never seen such an origional and unmade FPB kit. I have put a sound system in mine supplied by action electronics. The sound is of a turbo cat diesel and is very effective.
    Regards
    Kevin
    jonryan
    Recruit
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Kevin, thanks for the info.

I agree about the motors. All my aircraft are now electric. The noise isn't as nice, but the lack of oil all over the place is - and they always start!

Best offer I've had so far is Β£250. I have a bloke coming for a look this evening. I've been told by a collector of such things that I could get >Β£300, though that seems unlikely to me.
    kevinsharpe
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi John. interested to know what kind of offers you have had. Boaty, yes Veron did an RTTL Rescue Target Towing Launch, they featured in the black and white film ' The sea shall not have them'. This though is their fast patrol boat. I believe it's called a 'Trinity class patrol boat and some were supplied to the Trinidad and Tobago navy. You will sometimes see the model bares the name Coureland Bay'. I have seen photos on this website of her. They were built by Vosper Thornycroft in Portsmouth. if I was building her I would put two meaty brushless motors n her which should bring a sprite lay planing performance. I have fitted two Graupner 900s in mine, which give her an excellent turn of speed. These are brushed motors but are not available any more. The hull space is vast so easily accommodates batteries with space for sound system working radar etc.

Regards
    Kevin
    jonryan
    Recruit
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Dave. Are the photos not showing? This one builds to 52". Recommended power is 10cc glow, which would get it up on the plane!
    boaty
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Flag
    Online: 2 months ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Is this an ASRL as Veron did a version approximately 28 inches in length and made out of balsa and ply.
    I do recall that they manufactured a bigger boat but do not know if it was an ASRL or Fast Patrol Boat. Though from what you describe it sounds like the latter.

Boaty😊
    Dave Keech
    jonryan
    Recruit
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Kevin,

Yes, it looks, shall we say, a challenging project! I do wonder if there will be a new generation of model builders, so much stuff being plug-'n-go these days. still some of us left, though; I've had a number of offers for the FPB.
    kevinsharpe
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi
    This model is a particular favorite of mine. I am restoring one having converted to twin electric motors. Quite a rare kit but impressive when made and is 52" hull. Hull is really strong and initially made for 10/15cc engine. Cabin structure quite testing to assemble. I have totally re worked mine. Quite a rare kit and probably collectable. Would probably sell well on e bay. Fleetscale do a hull deck and running gear but the cabin would be a challenge due to its unique shape and flying bridge. An excellent find.
    Regards
    Kevin

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info