• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Holidays
    by KenThompson πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    27 Posts 26 Replies 0 Photos 49 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Newby7
    Captain
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 6 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    It sound as if both of you got the items wanted. Back home safe and sound.Well done.
    Rick
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Nice adventurous day for you Colin, I'm so pleased you have recovered enough to do all that. I know about the road diversions in Worcester. On one of our recent trips to the Midlands looking for a vehicle, on the return journey the junction of the M5/M50 was closed, so knowing vaguely some of the roads to get into Wales from the Worcester area, decided to go that way. Every road we tried, it was closed, in the end we were heading for Tenbury Wells and the SatNav decided to play up. Heaven knows how we got there but eventually to our relief we found Hereford which we know and came home through Abergavenny. Arrived home at about 2am. Actually, a week or two later we went through Worcester in the opposite direction and found the closed road situation to be just as bad, but at least it was daylight.

We have bought a new box from a firm up North, that arrived this morning just before we left home and the seat is from a similar VW LT35 to ours. Now waiting for a seat belt from the Bay of E.

Enjoy your trip to Tamworth.

Best wishes,
    Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Colin H
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 28 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys, glad you got what you wanted, is it a single seat unit or double.
    If its a single the seat swivel from an early Ford galaxy could be fitted.
    A double needs a special slide and swing unit.
    I managed to get my replacement door for the front n/s . Just got to find a rear one to match now as I don't want to paint it.
    I left home at 6.45 this morning after giving my knee a good soak in voltarol and had quite an easy first part of the journey till I got to Worcester and there's so many diversions my sat nave got confused as some of the diversions went the wrong way up two one way roads.
    Then on the way home I was sent a different way to avoid the road works but at Ombersley a very large artic tinkered hit the roundabout and lost all the offside wheels from his trailer thus blocking the road. I was lucky as I know the country lanes and managed to bypass the hold-up. I rejoined the main road about 9 miles further on and the traffic going in the other direction was backed up all the way to great whiteley.
    I got home at 11.15 in time for lunch.
    Have to go to Tamworth on Saturday, to take my son to get a replacement for his car which he has managed to wear out.
    Good night and stay safe, cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin and Ken, pleased to hear that Colin is off to Brum for a new car door, extra pleased because it must mean his leg is a bit better. We have bought a seat box, which is the initial fixed one, but if we find that's not satisfactory, we can get the swivel box to fit on it. Collected the chair in Gloucester this afternoon, it's a bit grubby as one might expect, it will clean up quite well, but it did match the existing one. We didn't want the double seat, didn't think there would be room.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Newby7
    Captain
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 6 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Nerys Colin both of you traveling for vehicle items .Be safe have a good day.
    Rick
    KenThompson
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys, good luck this afternoon on your seat finding trip, as Colin asked, normal or swivel, I would think swivel would be better?sorry to hear your dialysis wasn’t as pleasant as expected, still, over now , until next time.
    Hope it doesn’t spoil your trip today.
    Anyway, cheers for now, happy hunting.

Ken
    May the wind always be always where you want it .
    KenThompson
    Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin, sorry about your leg and osteoporosis, sounds a bit on the sore side, still, did the grandkids enjoy looking after you? and I bet they got spoilt rotten, hehe, isn’t that what they are for, anyway Colin, good luck with your trip to Birmingham. Take care ,
    Cheers Colin
    Ken
    May the wind always be always where you want it .
    Colin H
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Good Morning Nerys, seems we both have a mission for today.
    I am off to Birmingham to buy a front passenger side door for my car.
    Just getting ready to leave Caroline will stay home and walk my dog and feed the dragon for me.
    I love early morning starts as the roads are still empty, reminds of the times I had lorry driving when I had no work on.
    Happy travelling, are you going for a rotating seat or fixed, I tried both in our camper, and rotating was best for us. There's a company at Clows Top on the way to Kidderminster that sells the rotating bases for the double font van seats.
    Bye for now, cheers Colin.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Colin,

Sorry to hear that you are still hobbling around not able to go shopping or anything. Sorry to hear about the osteoarthritis etc. As a family, you aren't doing very well in the accident department with your daughter in law breaking her foot, but I expect you enjoyed having the grandchildren.

I haven't been too good all day, then a nasty dialysis tonight, I'm just about coming round now.

We are at the opposite end of the Beacons, where they start to flatten down into big hills with red kites flitting around.

Off to buy a front passenger seat for the minibus Wednesday afternoon.

Best wishes, Nerys
    Colin H
    Commodore
    πŸ“ Holidays
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Good morning Nerys, I am managing to hobble about the house on sticks, can get to the car and drive, but Caroline has to do the shopping while I wait for her in the car.
    X-ray showed that I have osteoarthritis in the joint and inflammation of the cartilage, so definitely a bad strain.
    I had to put my boat build aside as we had the grandchildren staying with us from Thursday to Sunday as daughter in law broke her foot.
    Otherwise everything is fine here.
    When I get to walk the dog again to the lake I will be able to see the northern end of the brecon beacons and Hay bluff as well as the pilgrims pass to Llanthony Abbey, so we are connected in a way.
    Bye for now, its our main shopping day today, cheers Colin.
    Show 17 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info