• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Mental Health & Wellbeing Volunteers
    by Martin555 πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Fleet Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    158 Posts 157 Replies 4 Photos 529 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Rookysailor
    Captain
    πŸ“ Mental Health & Wellbeing Volunteers
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Pleased to hear that you will be getting the jab, and hoping that Alice is not to far behind you.😊

Cheers, Pete
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 15 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Pete, no, my jab is being done in the hospital where I am a patient but they told me that it is patients only and they said that Alice's will come through the GP.. They gave me a lot of paperwork about it this evening to peruse beforehand.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Rookysailor
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Glad to hear that you will be getting the Covid jab in a couple of weeks Nerys, but what about Alice? has she been given a date yet? I have just received an SMS telling me I have an appointment on the 22nd of this month at our ICC (integrated care center) about a 10 min bus ride, on a route only 2 mins walk away, can't really complain about the locality, but no news of a jab for my wife.😊

Cheers, Pete
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Colin, I think it disgusting that a town the size of Aberystwyth , which is more or less the regional centre for quite a large rural area would have the capability to dish out vaccinations, Surely the GPs, the hospital or even the pharmacies could take it on between them. GIG, the Welsh NHS does leave a lot to be desired in many ways, but something as fundamental as that, I ask you. Surely, it's only like doing a second dose of the flu vaccine with a few extras.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Colin H
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 17 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thats great news Nerys, my mum was sent a list of vaccination centres for her, the nearest is a round trip of nearly 60 miles. She doesn't drive anymore, and no relatives nearby to take her. You'd think Aberystwyth would have capability to give vaccinations.
    Cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    A piece of good news on the personal front, the sister on my dialysis ward told me that I would be getting the jab within the next two weeks.

Cheers, Nerys
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Our govt is importing cases of the new strain (letting every man and his dog in it seems, but saying nothing) just so we can have a taste of it and see if we like it!! We are being treated like mushrooms by pm buckey Adern and her slimy mates. We are doing well at the moment ( no community cases at present) but they are risking a major problem by letting all these people in, ( they are not all returning New Zealanders, and seem to be coming from everywhere??!) We have 32 flights arriving today, - 16 different airlines- (Just at Auckland airport) from all round the world, (even China !!!!!!!!!,-seriously??) - can't be all returning citizens at this stage??? Bloody ridiculous!

There will be plenty of fake pre flight testing certificates coming in, especially from places like India where you can buy anything, so how are they going to control it effectively and know every one is genuine? Anyhow, it's happening all over the world, and we are unfortunately just going to have to learn to live with it safely, till it crawls back into the hole it came out of.
    Ianh
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 19 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    There is heavy handed and their has been deaths at the hands of SA defence Force.
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    Ianh
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 19 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    To True Ron,
    This Pandemic spares nobody and in SA we have a mutant form same as UK that spreads faster
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    Ron
    Commander
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The Ontario, Canada, leaders have added more restrictions as the virus is hitting long care facilities very hard again.

Though of our extended family, five have it, one being an ICU nurse, my niece. She stepped in to help her grand parents as her grandpa was very ill. He is in his 90’s, they live on a farm, but they did not want to send him to a hospital as no visitors or family would be allowed to be with him. His wife said, No, she would look after him, and she is 94! He is better, but the virus infected her, their son, his wife, and their daughter, who is the nurse. All but one, experienced a loss of taste and smell for a period of time.

My wife and I are well, we stay home most days, just a 2 km walk or so each day for some exercise. Cannot stay β€œglued” to the workbench all the time, or one might begin to look like the couch...over stuffedπŸ€“
    Show 148 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info