• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    LHS survival
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    2 Posts 1 Reply 3 Photos 3 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Ianh
    Commander
    πŸ“ LHS survival
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi JB
    I tend to agree with you. Both Banggood and Ali Express are pretty good at what they do.
    Pay via Paypal and you have a moneyback Guarantee.
    Give you an example I needed a Tamiya truck spare and a place in Holland had stock so I ordered waited four weeks after which I queried with them the delivery as the Postal Union site showed the goods still to be in Holland. After another couple of weeks I lodged a complaint on PayPal. As usual PayPal said I must try and sort this out with the supplier but gave me a case number. When I phoned the dealer all I got was I have listed a complaint and they would not deal with me. Just a bad experience with a supplier, No wonder hobby shops are closing
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    πŸ“ LHS survival
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I know this is old news, but I just found this while searching our local 'Trade Me' site for a camera battery. Shops in NZ whinged about people buying things on line and not buying from them (that's why the present clever govt losers decided to take even more money off us by way of putting GST on even the smallest on line purchase) This sample is a prime example of why people won't buy locally. I use these sound modules in my boats, and they are not a bad unit, (I have bought them from Ali Express, Banggood, and RC Echo (Hong Kong) for roughly the same price over a number of years. You can see by the 2 Ali Expr prices that you need to shop around (a lot) on there as well.

Take a butchers at the price difference on-line here! I'm sure it's the same in most countries, but this is just beyond a joke. Many things you can buy for $2 on Ali Expr etc are being sold here for $15 + (such as the cheap battery alarms for eg) I was just looking at RC car parts and the same applies,- some of the price gouging there is horrendous ! This is the sort of thing which is killing hobbies round the world. If you want something quickly (or at all), pay rip off prices, or if you want a fair price, wait for up to 5 months from China,- not great choices!😐

JB

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info