as time allows I continue with my dragon yacht build. Having completed the planking, here's a reminder of the keel and backbone structure made from iroko in which I fitted the rudder tube, rudder, propeller shaft, and the keel weight -designed to enable the centre of buoyancy to be lowered as required to maintain stability under sail.
As you can see in the next pic the hull upright in the building jig, made to ensure it can be used as a base for measurements when building topsides. Next I removed the frames which had been taped to the ribs, sanded and painted the hull and keel in white undercoat -four coats.
The plan is to have all working parts, including the winch and the closed circuit to work the sheets under the deck, so I planned out the inside accordingly.
I soon discovered the 9" motor tube was not long enough and replaced it with a 12" tube which I had to run under structure I have built to house the mast and secure the winch, both of which are 'hidden' in the cabin. Next I made a tray to take the battery. Fitted the electric motor and the servo to the rudder, which is angled in line with the rudder tube.
Next I decided on having a filled part to the forward part of the cabin structure to house the mast sleeve. The mast is slightly angled as per plan and I'm using part of a fishing pole set for the mast, which does match the specification on plan and is tapered -as per plan.
Next I'll make cockpit which like the cabin top can be removed -then try to work out how to get the winch to work as needed!