Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
May 2018: 5 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 25 people
December 2017: 7 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 5 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > All Blogs > Park lakes
Park lakes
(902 views)
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 221
5th Jul 2016 16:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/22775

Earlier today I mentioned a park in Wallasey that I was taken to to sail boats .It is Central Park .It had a lovely lake but you need RC or waders to recover Or both . Not seen it lately though .Like over 40 yrs ago:tears 😁 😑 Cheers John

mturpin013
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 30
25th Feb 2018 20:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/39152

A lot of parks have now banned model boats in favour of wild life nature reserves, I have this issue with my local park Roundhay Park in Leeds Yorkshire there are two lakes both of which allowed model boats during the 60s/70s and IC at that. Both are now classed as nature reserves. I am in the process of challenging this issue with the local city council as today I am sure that wildlife and model boats (electric and sail) can share the same water space,watch this space.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

kmbcsecretary
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 168
25th Feb 2018 20:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/39153

Good luck with your fight , we at Kingsmill model boat club in Notts sail in a nature reserve and the wildlife don't mind sharing the lake with us and can even at times see some of the wildlife hitching a lift on the boats

Former tug nut now switched to sail because of health
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 290
25th Feb 2018 21:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/39154

Hope you get the result you deserve, I do all my testing on a 28acre weed free lake that is designated a wildlife sanctuary. It is also used by model flying boat club. And have not had any incidents in the twenty years we've been using it. Some bird watchers have even asked if we can carry a camera on the boats to film birds on the water and islands. The birds don't seem to mind.
Cheers Colin.

Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1567
26th Feb 2018 21:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/39180

Same here in Munich Colin, we happily share the lakes with a myriad of moorhens, ducks, geese and swans. They don't bother us and any idiot that bothers them (esp. with a speed boat) rapidly gets what he deserves from the locals! I'm very pleased to say 😉 have seen some highly 'animated' shall we say 'discussions'! Exit one red faced speed-boater 😊
Greetings, Doug

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change,
the Courage to change things that I can, and
the Wisdom to know the difference!
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

21st Mar 2018 03:15  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40197

I also used to sail boat at the Captains Pit in Wallasey but I think it is anglers only now.

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 233
18th May 2018 11:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/41862

As I've said elsewhere, ignore them and just say, "Prove it", when they say you can't.
My old man always said, "Never ask, boy, the Bas****s always tell you no". Done that all my life. Professional awkward sod, me.
That attitude more often than not scares the Nazis away.

Martin

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th May 2018 12:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/41865

I thought Roundhay was one big lake but have they cleared out all the old ammo the home guard left behind A lot of grenades and pistol and rifle ammo was found when I was lodging by the park in about 1975/6. Apparently dumped by the Home Guard at the end of the war. ||||||||||||||Be careful out there.👍😜

mturpin013
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 30
18th May 2018 18:33  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/41883

Roundhay park has two lakes , the Waterloo lake (large) and the upper lake which is above to the left in the picture This is where we used to sail along with the paddle boats.

Baggie
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 31
24th May 2018 07:06  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/42029

We share with our resident Heron. Eaton Park, Norwich

Attached Files - Click To View Large

DennisRobotham
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 16
26th May 2018 08:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/42118

There is no reason why wild life and boaters can exist side by side. We had a similar problem some years ago where we were accused of chasing the wildlife,After explanations to the council that the public were feeding the wildlife all over the place they decided to put in a duck feeding area.. since this... no problem.. stick to your guns, keep on at them. Good luck

Dennis G.V.M.B.C