Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2018: 5 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 10 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (21)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Any Other Questions! > Hobby King receiver clones
Hobby King receiver clones
(1477 views)
GARTH
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 9
6th Jun 2016 13:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/22436

I have used a HK-TR6A-V2 transmitter for several of my R/C boats & want to get more receivers Hobby King out of stock for months So is there a clone receiver available as a replacement . Looked around & saw a blog that mentioned a FS-R6B ( fly sky ) receiver from Banggood can be used . I can order it but I'm afraid I'd be just wasting my money Any help out there

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 556
6th Jun 2016 17:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/22441

Hi Garth, I have been using Banggood for some time now, allowing for the transit time, they do very good deals, there price for Futaba compatible receivers is superb, they have a return policy as well as a contact center, worth taking a chance, if you need to return the item they are very helpful

Etherow Model Boat Club
jacko
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 11
27th Sep 2018 23:00  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46610

fly sky transmitter / receiver data any help to anyone

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 436
28th Sep 2018 07:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46615

Thanks its very handy, just need other brands now to see if they can match.
Cheers Colin.

Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 797
28th Sep 2018 09:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46619

Colin, when Doug repaired my faulty (at factory) Spektrum DX5e Tx, I sent him my Orange 6 channel Rx and a recently bought black one (just a number) and he bound both to the repaired Spektrum. I think you only need to make sure the compatibility with the operating system is right. But I'm sure he can explain all that better than I.

Martin

Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

28th Sep 2018 09:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46620

Thanks Martin, I understand about binding 2.4ghz but what really is my problem is the Compatibility of older 27mhz and 40mhz setups, also which crystals will work in which setups. This is where the compatibility chart will help.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
Bryan-the-pirate
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 65
29th Sep 2018 09:37  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46635

Colin I operate all the frequency ranges you mention. In the old 27 Mhz any 27Mhz crystal set work providing the receiver is on the same frequency. The same is true for 40 Mhz each channel will transmit to any receiver within range but you can't put a 27 into a 40 or visa versa. I tend to use half channels as these days I am unlikely to meet anyone using them. Ebay is a very good source of crystals.

The 2.4 gig system work by binding with a receiver and will only obey a signal sent for it. Just like the old game Simon says if that transmitter hasn't given the command the receiver will not obey.

I hope that helps Bryan

Shiver my Timbers and Splice the mainbrace
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

29th Sep 2018 19:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46645

Hi Bryan, I have found problems, even with matched crystals, the usual problem is that the some of the old rx's would not operate with a tx from a different manufacturer. I have acoms, futaba, Fleet and magregor as well as some unbranded tx's, but some of the models which I have aren't working with tx unless it's the same brand as the rx. This problem is mostly on the 27mhz models, although a couple of 40mhz systems have had the same problem. I always buy matched pair crystals. Even some am sets which never have a problem. So I thought if I can make a chart showing what is compatible with what.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
jbkiwi
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 3
30th Sep 2018 03:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46651

The FSR6B will work with the FR Sky i6, i 10, T6 (which might be the HK-TR6A-V2), CT6B AND TH9X (which is the 'Hobby King' (FR Sky) 9x). I have bought the (Fly Sky) FSR6B and the FSR9B (8CH) and they both work fine on the 9x. Not sure what the difference between FR Sky and Fly Sky is, but it's probably just branding. I think Hobby King puts their own names on everything and modifies model numbers just to confuse everyone, like saying only their receivers match which is not true (perhaps in their product line but not in the real world) you just have to look around and take a punt.
FR Sky make the TH9x (HK 9x) probably the 9XR for HK, the Taranis and a few others. Fly Sky seems to make the cheaper ones i6 (which I think has replaced the 6df) TR6a HK-6DF TGY 6X (hard to find the XR5000,- 7000 RXs anywhere for the 6x) etc.
It might be worth a crack at the 6ch FS-R6B receiver as the matches mention a T6 TX, not much to loose and if it works, buy a bunch (check EBay, AliExpress and Banggood,-prices vary for the same items) like I did just in case HK dumps it and leaves everyone high and dry, as they have with a number of products. Now days you have to do lots of research and risk a few dollars to win, with all the B/S you get from suppliers,-not just R/C.

Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Sep 2018 07:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46653

Thanks jbkiwi, 2.4ghz isn't a problem, most of my vintage rx's are from the 60's through to the 80's. 27mhz and 40mhz. But it's good to have all the information I can get about all systems as I expect 2.4ghz will become vintage one day.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 797
30th Sep 2018 16:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46667

Colin, I first entered the world of proportional RC with a set called a Mini-Hex, in 1971. I bought it from the model shop in the arcade in Exeter. It cost a bloody fortune! 2 Function, essentially a copy of the Kraft set, but made in Belvedere, Kent. I still have it and as far and I know it still works, except the old DEAC battery pack is defunct, of course. It even came with it's own metal cased charger. Green frequency only, can't be changed!

Cheers,
Martin

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 463
5th Oct 2018 23:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46798

Does anyone know if a Sanwa Rx will work with Futaba Xtals. Both 35 mhz (planes only)👍🤔 More modern battery packs can replace the old DEACS so no probs there Westie.👍
I too use Bang Good and also Gear Best Both excellent.👍

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2495
6th Oct 2018 00:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/46802

Mornin' John, I've used 'Generic' crystals with my ancient Sanwa 35 Meg set with no problems.
I do find tho that the 'FM' crystals seem to give better range than the 'AM' crystals.
Check the specs of your TX whether it is AM or FM.
Cheers; Doug 😎
DEACS!? My God, when did I last hear of them let alone see one😲
We used to use them in professional personal VHF/UHF radios (Police and the like) some 45 years ago. 400mAh was good stuff in those days!
Threw my last examples out about 10 years ago, they had some interesting and quite artistic crystal growths though😉
Was just a brand name for NiCads.

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 463
12th Oct 2018 22:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47047

I know that Doug I was responding to Westie LOL

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2495
12th Oct 2018 22:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47050

I had realised that John, the acronym DEAC had simply revived some ancient memories of my early days in mobile and hand-portable radio engineering. Circuitry and components, early ICs etc, were moving on much faster than battery development could keep pace.
Good to hear from you👍
Pecker up old chap, with you in spirit. Best wishes, Doug

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug