Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2018: 8 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 5 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (24)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Anything Website Related > Forum Topic Search?
Forum Topic Search?
(344 views)
pittsfieldpete
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 80
30th Jun 2018 13:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43349

Hello, everyone:

If this is something that’s so obvious that I could trip over it please be kind & don’t roll your eyes so far up into their sockets that they get stuck. OK? Anyway, is there a way to search in the forum? If I could search & potentially find something I’m interested in I’d be able to avoid posting questions that have already been answered. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Pete

“There is nothing...absolutely nothing...half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats”.

Kenneth Grahame, Author
1859 - 1932
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2402
30th Jun 2018 13:23  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43351

Hi Pete, look in the list of Links on the left side of the screen.
One grey button is labelled 'Site Search'.
Cheers, Doug 😎
BTW: any progress on the sketch for your lighting connections?

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
pittsfieldpete
(Lieutenant)

30th Jun 2018 14:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43352

Thanks again, Doug:

You answered so quickly that your eyes must not have stuck in the rolled up position for very long. Regarding the sketch, I’m sorry it’s taking a long time but I’ll get to it today. I have narcolepsy as well as two kinds of sleep apnea. I use an APAP machine to keep my airway open at night & I take modafinil during the day to help stave off falling asleep suddenly & sometimes in awkward circumstances. I frequently have spells when the modafinil doesn’t work & it’s impossible for me to stay awake. Then I’ll sleep for up to 24 hours straight before my brain convinces me to either get up or get soaked. Luckily my brain & I are on good speaking terms or my wife & I wouldn’t be. Sometimes I’m only up for about 15 minutes before I get overwhelmed by the urge to sleep & I’ll be comatose again. Narcolepsy is the reason I had to retire early.

“There is nothing...absolutely nothing...half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats”.

Kenneth Grahame, Author
1859 - 1932
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2402
30th Jun 2018 15:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43355

Hi Pete, I happened to be taking a coffee break!
Anyway I've fitted me eyeballs with return springs 😉
Sorry to hear of the affliction 🤔
Can sympathise, I have a much milder form.
When I'm really concentrating on a job no problem, as soon as I'm done something switches and says 'Snooze time'!
20 or 30 mins later I'm back on the job 😉
No panic for the sketch, was just wondering.
All the best, Doug 😎
To use a quaint old English expression; Pecker up old chap! 👍

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
pittsfieldpete
(Lieutenant)

30th Jun 2018 16:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/43357

Thank you, sir.

My wife volunteered me to fix an R/C fire truck for neighbor’s grandkids. It’s a mechanical problem so it was right up my street (another British expression). I’ve got it fixed & nearly reassembled already, then it’s on to voltage measurements & making a sketch to put them on.

Kenneth Grahame, Author
1859 - 1932