Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 5 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 6 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > blowing the dust off the fireboat
blowing the dust off the fireboat
(641 views)
pmdevlin
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 315
3rd Feb 2017 22:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25886

got it out of the box for the first time in two years!

Boat was ok, after I remembered to use dual rates on the rudder, its been a while, but the batteries didn't do so well, you can hear the low voltage alarms going off and this was 1/2 throttle, need a bigger lake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBC-0EqjuA

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1342
5th Feb 2017 09:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25905

Hi Paul
You are welcome to come and sail at Boundary Park with Crewe MBC on a Sunday afternoon from 1pm or Wed if you have a day off.
Boat going well but I agree you do need a much bigger lake.
Good to see that you are re-kindling your interest in model boats.
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
georgeo5664
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 56
5th Feb 2017 09:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25906

Paul.
looking really good hopefully mine will be like that one day lol.

Regards
George

pmdevlin
(Fleet Admiral!)

5th Feb 2017 22:36  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25918

Thanks for offer Dave, out of interest who is responsible for the big lake the other side of the path, I fancy playing with my avatar over there!

Paul

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

6th Feb 2017 10:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25919

Hi Paul
There are lakes either side of Boundary Park.
If you refer to the one over the other side of the A50 road, I believe it is privately owned and people have to pay an annual fee just to walk their dogs. Possibly also used by a fishing club.
Going the other way, towards the motorway I understand this may be council owned but you are allowed to walk your dog.
Either way you are unlikely to get permission as the local properties all fall in the £1M plus category and they are likely to object.
Just a bit of background, the lakes were all created when the M6 was constructed with the sand dredged. They are all fed from ground water and are not fed from streams other than some overflow channels from adjacent lakes.
Makes for nice clean water but subject to weed growth due to chemicals in the ground water table.
You are very welcome to come with your boat, please send me an e-mail so I can be sure to be present
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
pmdevlin
(Fleet Admiral!)

6th Feb 2017 16:38  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25920

hi dave
im referring to the lake that is right next to the biating lake on the sane site. presumably its local ciuncik?
paul

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

7th Feb 2017 15:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25931

Hi Paul
Not sure who owns. Its not part of the Boundary Park site but adjacent as you say, and posdsibly Council, I will ask Alan Blackhurst when I next see him and let you know.
Busy getting the Olympic and Titanic ready for the Universal Model Show at the end of Feb. Just my luck Bill has misplaced all the rigging and ratlines for the Titanic.
Cheers
dave

Live long and prosper

Dave