Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (9)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Help! Mystery Boat
Help! Mystery Boat
(767 views)
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1089
17th May 2017 12:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28982

Hi All, anyone have any idea what the boat in the attached pics is, or where the registration comes from?

I suspect a south coast or north sea fishing boat - cutter?, English or German? In the bow there is a space (something broken off!) indicated as 'Gas Anlage' - sehr Deutsch! FE I would have recognised from Folkestone, my home-town but 'E' I can't find.
I inherited the boat from an aunt who died last year, found it in her art studio, she was an artist and art teacher, had some exhibitions at the National. She was also in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest surviving paraplegic, paralysed in a motorbike accident when she was 16 and died last year aged 86!!

Back to the boat: it's a bit crude and built as a static model from an ancient kit I believe. I want to renovate it and make it mobile, might be a better candidate for my renovated Taycol Target?
All contributions gratefully received 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 331
17th May 2017 16:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28990

Take a look here!

http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/a-wooden-model-of-the-...

"Fair winds calm Seas"
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 16:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28993

Brillo! 👍How'd you find that? Wonder what it sold for!
I believe this is the type the old Billings Krabenkutter CUX 87 was based on. (Thanks for the tip Martin!)
Think I'll do the Fishing version! The crab net tackle is a bit complicated, not my forte. Maybe down the line in a version 2 ??
Anyway my Sea Scout is the first on the slip but I've decided to use the Taycol motor for this fishing / crabbing boat.
Now looking for suitable power plant for Sea Scout (24").
Any recommendations folks? This hobby never ends does it? 😉
Ta for help. 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 17:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28995

Not a mystery any more! After being put on the right track, ta all 👍, I found these pics. An exact match. 😊 Now I know what's missing! 😎
At 20" she's a reasonable size.

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 17:43  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28997

Hi Doug,

Believe it or not, I just Google the hull Number.
And went form there!
Glad I could help

Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 17:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28998

Are you going to convert to RC?

"Fair winds calm Seas"
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 17:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/28999

Hi Ed, funny! When I Googled it here (Germany!?) it found nothing, except of course E-Bay and Amazon claiming to have lots of them at cheapest prices 🤔
Yes, I do intend to convert it. and put the converted Taycol Target in it. But after Sea Scout, started cleaning up her hull today. Sunny and warm so could work outside 😊
Cheers Doug 😎

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 18:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29004

Hi Doug,

I Googled her here in the US, It showed up right away!
I not sure what she was auctioned for but on another ebay seller their asking GBP 152.62! plus shipping...

I can't wait to see how your's turns out!

"Fair winds calm Seas"
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th May 2017 18:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29005

Hi Figtree, neither can I, but is still down the line, first comes Sea Scout then maybe HMS Hotspur refit. We'll see 😉 From the state of her Gina 2 will need a lot more work. I'll post a blog when I start.
BTW Your user name always reminds me of sunny afternoons plundering the fig trees on the coast of Tuscany. Very pleasant memories 😊
Cheers Doug 😎
PS I think Martin has vamoosed!

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th May 2017 00:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29023

When I was in the U.S. Navy, I picked up the nickname "FIGTREE" see my last name starts with "FIG". so I've used it through out life for different thing. If you notice "NTS" is added, because I used to work on Computer Servers "NTS" is the file system that's used on servers! "figtree7nts" Oh the "7" is my lucky number....

"Fair winds calm Seas"
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th May 2017 08:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29030

Of course! New Technology Server, I wondered why it was vaguely familiar.😉 Once again many thanks for your tip on 'Gina 2'. 😎

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1403
18th May 2017 13:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29041

Doug
If this is the Billing kit have a look at
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/billing-boats-spares-...
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th May 2017 14:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29044

Thanks Dave, Shucks SOLD!
Not to worry, having found the kit description, with pics of full fittings I'm surprised to see that not much is missing 😊
Some loose and some fixed in the wrong place 🤔 but mostly present.
Since Krick now market this, and other Billings kits, here if I get stuck for something I can't make, which ain't much 😉 I'll ask them.
Meantime on with Sea Scout Jessica. Started sanding off the dodgy bits today. Fine work starts tomorrow.
Cheers Doug 😎