Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (10)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > 34" sea commander Aerokits kit
34" sea commander Aerokits kit
(554 views)
GARTH
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 8
17th Sep 2017 14:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33288

I would like to build the Aerokits 34" sea Commander But I can't find a dealer in Canada I see that Westbourn Hobbies have one in England but its a lit pricey Any one with any Ideas about this sure would be helpful thanks Garth

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1087
17th Sep 2017 15:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33291

Hi Garth, If you mean Westbourne Models DON'T TOUCH 'EM WITH A 10FOOT BARGE POLE!
Every model boat web site is full of long running threads about order taken, money paid and nothing delivered and no contact or just bullshit excuses! Also here -
https://model-boats.com/forum/hobby-chit-chat/9463
better look somewhere else 🤔
Cheers Doug 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
tidtug
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 104
17th Sep 2017 15:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33292

A pity for Westborn but if they don't deliver what's the point. They used to be one off the best at one time.

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 102
17th Sep 2017 15:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33294

Hey Garth. I feel the same as Doug. DO NOT ORDER OFF WESTBOURNE MODELS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. All the forms are strewn with people who have lost money to them and never got it back. Please heed these warnings. Kindest wishes, Dave W 😊

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th Sep 2017 15:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33295

Hi garth, Cornwall Model Boats advertise one
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/aerokits-sea-co...
They have an excellent reputation for delivery, service and technical help 👍👍👍 Go there! or here-
https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/Aerokits%20Sea%20Comma...
Howes might be cheaper !?
Cheers Doug

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th Sep 2017 15:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33297

or here 164 pounds.
http://www.maritime-models.co.uk/acatalog/radio-controlled-a...
There's a lot of it about !!
Doug 😎

Rookysailor
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 45
17th Sep 2017 23:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33325

Hi Garth,
If you are not bothered about having a kit for the Sea Commander,
there is a guy on Ebay, who sells the plans and the templates for cutting your own from wood/plastic. I built mine no problem, the templates even give you the wood thickness required, if you have problems finding him, let me know and I will give you his details.
Cheers Peter.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th Sep 2017 23:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33326

Hi, Why not just post the link right away!!??
Searching 'a guy on Ebay'! Really! 🤔
If you meant this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEA-COMMANDERMODEL-BOAT-PLANS-TEMP...
It's Ended!
Doug

Attached Files - Click To View Large

GARTH
(Commander)

18th Sep 2017 00:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33331

Thank you all for all the reply's I think I'll send away to Maritime Models & get the kit from them just have to figure out the pounds to dollars thing . Might have to take out a loan !! GARTH

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th Sep 2017 00:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33333

Hi Garth, as a guide currently 100 UK pounds = 165 CAN dollars.
Hot off the Wall Street Online press!
http://www.x-rates.com/table/?from=GBP&amount=100
Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th Sep 2017 01:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33339

PS: Garth, please don't remortgage the house!
Don't want you sparking off another financial crisis 😉

Trillium
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 66
18th Sep 2017 12:33  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33344

Garth,
Don't forget that shipping charges, HST, and brokerage fees will likely double the cost to you. The good news is that it's fast; you'll get it in a couple of days.
See you at the pond?
Roy

Rookysailor
(Sub-Lieutenant)

18th Sep 2017 12:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33345

Please read properly.......
I mentioned 'a guy on ebay' not search
Now it's ended!

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th Sep 2017 14:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33350

Dear Rooky, I read and searched (in various search machines) exactly what was being suggested 'Sea Commander plans and templates' and that was the most common response! No other active entries on E-bay. Show us your link where these are still available!
Regards Doug
PS try searching for 'a guy on ebay' and see what offers you get!😉

Rookysailor
(Sub-Lieutenant)

18th Sep 2017 17:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33360

Dear Doug, I repeat once again. I never said to search on Ebay....I know the chap who sells the aerokits plans, as I have purchased many of them in the past. If Garth had contacted me I would have given him a direct link as I have 'Belcrank 1' in my saved sellers!
Hope this clears the matter.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

18th Sep 2017 18:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33361

Dear Rooky, Belcrank is known to many of us. A less cryptic mail, with name and/or link, in the first place would have been much better. Many of us have him stored in favourites etc.
What did you expect people to do other than search for themselves?
That question is rhetoric, no patience with this anymore.
Regards, Doug

Rookysailor
(Sub-Lieutenant)

18th Sep 2017 22:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33371

Dear Doug, My patience ended on your first reply, but I try and help where I can. 'THE END'
Regards, Rooky

GARTH
(Commander)

19th Sep 2017 00:11  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33372

Gee I sure stirred up a hornets nest with my question I'm sorry .I have all the info I need now & don't need any more info so happy sail Garth

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

19th Sep 2017 09:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33377

Hi Garth, I simply tried to point out to him that posting 'I have a source for ...' without posting where isn't much use. Frankly his response astonished me! 🤔
Never mind, hope you get what you want and shipping and duties aren't too high. Look forward to the build Blog!
Cheers Doug 😎

Rookysailor
(Sub-Lieutenant)

19th Sep 2017 13:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33381

Hello Garth, You have not done anything wrong, just someone being pedantic over a post. If you don't get fixed up with a kit, I have a spare old Sea Commander that needs a bit of TLC foc, if you are near Manchester.
regards, Rooky

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

19th Sep 2017 13:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33382

Quote: "please read properly" Rooky.
Garth lives in Canada!

boaty
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 28
20th Sep 2017 01:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33396

Hi Garth, I have my second Sea Commander which I still use , but the first one I sold 13 years ago.

I never actually built a Sea Commander but the one I have now and the previous model I picked up cheap and restored them.

You do get things like this that come up on Ebay occasionally and though restoration appears sometimes to be challenging I find a lot of satisfaction when the work is completed.

My first Sea Commander I found underneath a table on a stall in Ellesmere Port Market and it was about to be binned. The stall holder was glad to accept five pounds for it and it turned out that the hull was quite solid and all I had to do was to make the cabin roof, sand it all down, paint it then fit the motor and radio.

I hope you get your Sea Commander, they are lovely boats from yesteryear and even a new build is very rewarding.

Boaty😊

Dave Keech