Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (28)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Boat chit chat
Boat chit chat
(93 views)
Alan999
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 24
9th Oct 2017 07:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34299

Has anyone bought a speed 600 motor from Howes lately. I have. Brand new and the motor is seized up.

Am a member of Torrevieja model boat club here in Spain.
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1356
9th Oct 2017 09:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34300

Hi Alan
If it was like that out of the box it is likely to be faulty. I appreciate you are in Spain but have you emailed Howes for their assistance? As as well established trader I would expect they would want to assist and they are always very supportive to their customers.
I am assuming the packaging was undamaged when received?
Hope you get a favourable response

Live long and prosper

Dave
rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 101
9th Oct 2017 11:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34304

Knowing Howes, I would expect them to ask for it back for "testing", as I had the same experience. For me, it wasn't too bad, as it was only a couple of days. But, for you, in Spain, it will extend the waiting time. Was it seized when it arrived, or when you first actually put power through it ? If the former, then it's clearly a "wrong'un", and should be exchanged no problem. If the latter, then it could cause more problems. I had to send them details of model, connection to propshaft, size of prop, speed controller, and battery size. With millions of these motors being produced, a few fauly ones are to be expected. Although they did exchange it, I had my doubts at times. Obviously you will have to work out postage sosts, time etc, against just ordering a new one, so. Hope yours is less complex than mine was. Best wishes, Dave W 😊

Alan999
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 24
9th Oct 2017 14:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34309

Thanks guys for your assistance. The motor was in sealed bag when it arrived. My electronic wizard who wires up my boats connected the motor as per usual and it was dead
I phoned Howes and they found my order as it was recent and the total was £130.30
They said return the motor for testing. My grivience is that they should trust me an old customer and send another motor whilst I post their one back.

Am a member of Torrevieja model boat club here in Spain.
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1356
9th Oct 2017 16:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34311

Alan
I tend to agree but if they cover all your costs I suppose this is in their T&Cs.
I hope you get sorted soon

Live long and prosper

Dave