Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Plans - Fishing Boat
Plans - Fishing Boat
(235 views)
hecrowell
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 3
28th Oct 2017 13:45  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35092

I am new to boat building and this forum. I have built a scratch hull for a 24" sailboat in the past from my own plans, but life got in the way of my boat building hobby, so it was never finished. It was a plank over frame construction. I guess one could classify me as "Amateur", but I do have some wood-working skills.
Being an amateur, I would like to scratch build from free plans, and i would like to build a fishing boat similar to Artur. I cannot however find any good plans for this ship which really apeals to my building fever. Maybe someone here knows of the source of working plans for this boat?
Thanx

Tcpal
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 1
28th Oct 2017 18:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35099

I have just completed a tug , scratch built. This was from photographs. I was able to use superstructure as a means of making a scale rough plan.
I will be posting photographs of the model which is 24 inches long In the next day or so. I hope this idea works as well for you as it did for myself.

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 471
28th Oct 2017 18:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35100

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum, shame life got in the way of your former model. There are many plans available but not sure if they are free. Sarik have just taken over the plans service in the UK, not sure if all the plans are on their web site yet. Have you tried a google search to see what turns up???
Regards

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1087
28th Oct 2017 22:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35104

Hi hecrowell, is this what you're looking for?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1435002-Vinta...

https://www.google.de/search?q=Artur+fishing+boat&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=0RjpZxBMp_uOyM%253A%252CPkGEJZeBqryGWM%252C_&usg=__L9ZHZRE8D93Tk_6os4P9SWAP0uE%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwic4JPUm5TXAhWHuBoKHVn8AOYQ9QEINTAD#imgrc=SSI5GGv0C0ARjM:

Cheers Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
hecrowell
(Sub-Lieutenant)

28th Oct 2017 23:50  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35106

Thanks to all that have replied. Special thanks to RNinMunich who provided links to EXACTLY what I am looking for. Next stage will be making a visit to my printing company to scale up the drawings to my planned length of 36". Interesting buildup of the stern section with wood block. Once I commit plans to wood, will start a build log.
Thanks again!

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1087
29th Oct 2017 00:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35107

Look forward to the blog, Happy building, Doug 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
Brucef102
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 7
29th Oct 2017 00:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35108

eBay has a lot of model boat plans from several vendors I’ve purchased a few from a Canadian source at what I consider a reasonable price the latest listings on eBay are http://stores.ebay.com/dr-scribbles/Model-Boat-Plans-/_i.htm...

Albie
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 1
29th Oct 2017 07:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35115

Thanks for the plan!
😊

hecrowell
(Sub-Lieutenant)

29th Oct 2017 12:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35123

Hi Bruce
Thanks for the ebay info. At this point with my inexperience and pocketbook size (or contents),I want to keep things as inexpensive as possible. This way, if all else fails, I will get a few minutes of heat from the wood in my woodstove and therefore it won't be a complete loss. 😁😋