Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2018: 5 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (18)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Billings Kongeskibet Dannebrog #410
Billings Kongeskibet Dannebrog #410
(886 views)
AllenA
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 96
7th Jan 2018 11:39  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37216

Also, at the boot sale, I picked up this Billings model from the 1960s for £7. Again requiring considerable restoration but she has beautiful lines and is fundamentally solid. I have emailed Billings for any plans, drawings and instructions but based on my previous experience I am not holding my breath. So if any one has pictures, plans, instructions which might help I would be happy to purchase them.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 551
7th Jan 2018 11:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37217

Hi Allen, go on the Billings website, they have posted a lot of plans etc for download
Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
AllenA
(Fleet Admiral!)

7th Jan 2018 12:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37219

Hi Mark, Went through discontinued model plans without luck. The trouble is that it's almost 60 years old now. I am a little disappointed with Billings. They have produced so many models and they could provide a great database to modellers and make some money. Thanks for the response I guess I will have to be a bit inventive. Allen

SelwynWilliams
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 40
25th Jan 2018 20:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37898

£7? How do you do it? Lovely steam yacht. One very similar to that one came into Weymouth harbour in the 60s and we cleaned the barnacles off her hull, trying to remember what it was called. The Channel Island steamers made a hell of a noise when we were underneath her.

AllenA
(Fleet Admiral!)

25th Jan 2018 20:11  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37899

Just luck at he moment as some of the local dealers know that I will buy most boats at the right price. In the middle of restoring the 1960s 70s Graupner HF 408 at present then I will probably start on the Dannebrog. Good sailing Selwyn.

AllenA
(Fleet Admiral!)

25th Jan 2018 21:00  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37902

Hi Selwyn. I'm about 8 miles west of Cardiff and I usually go to a couple of Boot sales each week. If you look at my posts I've been very lucky of late.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2305
25th Jan 2018 21:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37904

Hi Allen, she is the Danish Royal Yacht!
HDMY Dannebrog A540 - IMO 4537661
Info and photo here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMY_Dannebrog_(A540)
Loads more pics here
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2078616
Now fitted with INMARSAT and SATTV/SATCOM so you need to make some radomes! (Kinder Surprise Eggs?!)😉
And two 30/40ft (10 or 12 metre?) HF whips at the aft end of the deck house, with antenna tuning units in the orange cylinders at the bottom mounting!
NAV and surface search radars on the foremast.
On the outboard ends of the yardarms there are two VHF IMM (International Maritime Mobile) Band antennas, Usual length 1 to 1.5 metre.
At the mast heads looks like two GPS antennas.
Two of everything for redundancy. After all it's the Kings Yachet!😉
Pic samples attached. Lovely ship 👍 Jealous 😲😉
Oh woe! Where is Britannia??? 😲
Cheers Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2305
25th Jan 2018 21:35  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37905

PS funny coincidence just occurred to me!
Boot in German = Boat in English!
If I asked here where is the nearest Stiefel (Boot - English) sale is I'd either get some odd looks or be directed to the nearest Clarks shop or equivalent! 😉 Happy restoring, cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!