Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
August 2018: 3 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 25 people
December 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > New Member
(448 views)
Richard7
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 20
31st Mar 2018 12:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40614

Hello everyone, I am a new member I joined last week, I did write a post about my current model, the Billing Boats St Canute. However I am not sure if I posted this correctly, basically I am having a problem with fitting a M500 to this kit, did anyone see this? I have 3 other boats that I have completed Billing Boats, The Norden, Boulogne Etaples and the Aero-Naut Diva. I started boat building when I retired in 2016.....I look forward to hearing from you chaps....Richard7

mturpin013
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 48
31st Mar 2018 17:37  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40618

Not sure I can advise on your issue but it would be good to see your fleet and I'm sure someone will come up with some suggestions and welcome to the site

Richard7
(Chief Petty Officer)

31st Mar 2018 19:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40625

Hello, please see attached photos of my fleet todate, the Billing Boats Norden is a static model, the other two are fitted with Radio control...

Attached Files - Click To View Large

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2056
31st Mar 2018 21:55  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40630

Hi Richard, Re fitting the M500 see my answer in 'Help Needed new Builder Billings St Canute'. Nice fleet, good work 👍
Your 'Norden' is very similar to the Billing Danish Fish Cutter on my renovation list! Cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change,
the Courage to change things that I can, and
the Wisdom to know the difference!
Richard7
(Chief Petty Officer)

6th Apr 2018 15:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40803

Hi Doug, that old Billing Boat kit that your going to refurbish is the larger kit of the Norden. Before I purchased the St Canute that was my second choice, but I think its a difficult boat to fit radio control etc., so I went with the St Canute. Over the last few days I have been making space for the M500 motor, I have attached some pictures of the final result, the motor top shaft alignment is pretty good. In hindsight I should have gone with the M400, but hey-ho its done now, what do you think? Cheers Richard

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2056
6th Apr 2018 15:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40804

Looks pretty neat 👍
Are you going to reinforce the joint in the keel as well?

I have a selection of micro and pico RC gear so installing in the cutter 'Gina 2' shouldn't be a problem. Motor and battery might be 😲
Pic shows roughly what she should look like! Hope mine turns out a bit neater though.
Cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change,
the Courage to change things that I can, and
the Wisdom to know the difference!
kmbcsecretary
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 210
6th Apr 2018 17:50  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40808

hi richard doug is correct about that joint below the end of the prop shaft, you really need to place some ply strengtheners to either side of the joint as this will be a high stress area and as it is at the moment it is a weak point.
ron

Former tug nut now switched to sail because of health