Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2018: 5 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (23)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Lost Tamar Class Model Lifeboat
Lost Tamar Class Model Lifeboat
(985 views)
ads90
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 38
25th Jul 2018 21:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44195

I am the secretary of our boat club and about a month ago I was notified by a member of the public that he had found the superstructure of a model lifeboat on his way home in the Basingstoke area. I now have that superstructure in my possession but asked around all our members and loaclly but no-one has any idea who may be the owner.
It is from a 1:16 scale Tamar Class Model Slipway boat and the build quality is pretty good standard but it has suffered some damge but I do also have the some of the parts. It appears that it might have fallen from the back of someone's trailer behind a car, bike or mobility scooter - yes some of our older members now take their boats to our lake that way. However the Model Slipway boat is 1000mm long and a beam of 320mm and with motors, batteries and ballast would weigh quite a bit. The superstucture of the boat is named but I will hold back on that information until hopefully someone can come along and identify it as theirs.

So if you know anyone who might have lost it near Basingstoke, Hampshire (Southern England for those who might not know where this is) please get back to me.

Alan

ads90
(Commander)

4th Aug 2018 21:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44633

Hi Guys
Sorry to those of you who have seen my post on this subject already but just thought I would bump this post in case anyone who had not seen it might shed some light on it.
Alan

rolfman2000
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 122
5th Aug 2018 11:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44646

It may help you to link this thread to social media ie; Facebook. Most of the cluba seem to have facebook pages, and there are model boat sales and swap pages, which folks do wade through. If you dont mind, i will link it to a couple of national model boat pages i know. Hope that helps someone, cheers, Dave W 😊

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 408
5th Aug 2018 21:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44685

Just an idle thought (hope not too stoooopid) but what about advertising it for sale on E-Bay/Amazon to see if anyone bites. YES /NO. Probably too much against it but.................👍

ads90
(Commander)

15th Aug 2018 23:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45100

Dave W
Many thanks for your suggestion and for doing it. It was found local to our home Club water and although we do not have a Facebook page / social media other than our Club website we often have enquiries from people who are in our region so to speak on various aspects of model boating but no enquiries about this significant part of the lifeboat.
Alan

rolfman2000
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 122
15th Aug 2018 23:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45101

Hi Alan.
I have posted it on 3 of the national Facebook group pages, but although it has been shared all around the country, there have been no actual queries about it.
I will keep following the threads to see if anyone responds positively to it. It just seems a shame that the owner hasn't explored every possibility including social media to find his missing parts. Any further news, I will keep you posted.
Kindest regards, Dave W 😊