Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2018: 5 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (21)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Outboards...and then some!
Outboards...and then some!
(150 views)
Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 754
29th Jul 2018 18:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44349

Hi all, I don't know if anyone on here is interested. many may even be unaware, but there's a thing called 152VO. Scale 1:5.2 scale models of vintage outboard motor-powered kneeler hydros. It's been around since 2011 as far as I can make out. It is superbly organised with the ultimate point of competition of a friendly kind. VERY popular in Germany and The Netherlands.
There are a few kits now available, loads of plans of real boats and a lot of very nice fittings and accesories. There a few outboard motors available which can be fitted with brushless motors if you prefer.
The models have to fit a certain mathematical formula, to give choices, but remain reasonably well matched to make for driver skill being more important than money-ruled boats. Kind of the opposite of F1.
If you need any help with imagining these things, here's a pic. of a MODEL pits. Right down to the floating moorings.
I would SO like to see this take off in Britain.
Here's their website. Iffy translation, OK, but pretty much understandable if you don't speak German or Dutch.
https://152vo.de/

Cheers,
Martin

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 754
29th Jul 2018 18:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44350

I should perhaps point out that a lot of people make scale-like models of their favourite outboard to go on the back, even though there's a 2845-ish sized brushless inside. That and the need for a very plausible 1/6th scale dolly dressed accordingly also helps the amazingly convincing shot above.

Martin