Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2018: 9 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (19)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Stern Light
Stern Light
(342 views)
Elsrickle
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 26
3rd Sep 2018 03:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45735

Can someone tell me is this the controversial stern light on the 93 vosper firefloat Mk2 in the photo above the 93

Attached Files - Click To View Large

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2410
3rd Sep 2018 04:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45736

Yep!😉

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 793
3rd Sep 2018 10:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45742

Do we not think that there's a limit to what you can do to a kit that already portrays a vessel inaccurately, before you really are throwing good time after bad?

I would think if you want a deadly accurate 93 or 94, make one from scratch, then you will have the correct hull shape as well.
Otherwise, it's a nicely put together and finished, once cheapish kit that you're gonna get, despite all the knobs lights and whistles.

Just playing Devil's advocate I suppose.

Martin

Elsrickle
(Sub-Lieutenant)

3rd Sep 2018 18:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45757

Thanks for the confirmation on the stern light.
You are very correct about the inaccuracies on the kit, found them as was going along.However as am new to the modelling field this is my third attempt am using this as a project to gain experience in the research (which should have done at very start ) and to try to make the model as close as possible to the real ones. Have seen so many variations of the actual boats am only trying to make it as near as possible for my own enjoyment .But agree the best way is start from scratch.

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 793
3rd Sep 2018 19:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45759

Not a criticism, Elsrickle, just thinking out loud so to speak. There were only 2 of these boats anyway and there are very few decent pictures. I have decided to go with white roofs for mine, simply because they look nice that way and I'm trying to make mine look like it would have done when it was new 55 years ago. Soon to be painting the black top coat. Did the black primer this weekend.

Cheers,
Martin

Elsrickle
(Sub-Lieutenant)

3rd Sep 2018 19:36  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45761

Always listen to any advice am trying the Halfords texture grey on the decks with sea grey roof tops and light grey sides.busy with the deck and roof fittings at the moment still looking for a tow hook and lift Davit might just try to make one but getting right dimensions is the problem. Hope you putting on some photos when complete