Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2018: 9 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (23)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Boat Specific Chit Chat! > Aerokits patrol torpedo boat 40"
Aerokits patrol torpedo boat 40"
(2637 views)
bobbob
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
18th Mar 2013 09:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/9521

HI all , new on here so please be gentle, I have a copy of the original plan that came with the kit and was thinking of scrach building a replacement for the one I had In the sixties but upon reflection and looking at pictures of the complete boat It appears to me to be much narrower at the stern on the plans , I wonder If someone with this boat could measure the width of the transom at deck level and chine and post on here for me to see If there has been some distortion In the copying, but It looks to me that the plan view outline Is more like the fireboat shape.
Cheers Bob.I have also posted this In building related but thought this may be a better choice.

Gabby
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 4
18th Mar 2013 11:11  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/9525

HI Bob. The stern Is quite narrower than the beam at at the superstructure. Mine has a width of 825mm at the stern and 885mm at the superstructure. You may like to check out a few pictures on my boat build blog, PT 301 (Snuffy Smith). It has a norrower stern so that the torpedoes can clear the side when released. Check American archives on Higgins PT boats.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

bobbob
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
18th Mar 2013 13:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/9530

HI Gabby, thank you very much for your speedy response, It must be just my mind playing tricks , after cutting some card templates for the bulkheads It all seemed to be too narrow towards the stern but I too have 8 1/4" at the deck level and 7" at the chine on the transom so It must be so!.
Bob.

Attached Files - Click To View Large