Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 6 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 5 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (21)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Building Related > nordkap trawler
nordkap trawler
(537 views)
jaffy012
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 13
25th Dec 2016 00:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24851

hi im new to these forums, i have a nordkap trawler by billings, and found the plans not very good, does anyone know how to fit up radio gear and mounting, what ballast do i need etc, as it does not explain any in plans, is there anyone out there that can send me pics of hot to do it please,, colin:thinks

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1351
25th Dec 2016 11:22  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24853

Hi Colin
Welcome to the forum.
Are you a complete novice regarding RC? We will be able to help but it is useful if we know what level of detail you require. There is a section on this site All things RC which will help with the basics. I see you are located in Queensland, Australia so if any of your country men are reading they may be able to offer local help. If you have a local club that could be a starting point. Radio gear is used in all the modelling types so it doesn't need to be a model boat club.
I am attaching a picture of a friends Norcap so when you respond to this post I can get some detail pics of the details you require
Dave 😀

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Live long and prosper

Dave
jaffy012
(Chief Petty Officer)

25th Dec 2016 22:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24860

hi dave merry xmas mate, no im not a novice i have built a couple of times before but the billings plans are not very detailed, and does not show what ballast to use, where to mount radio gear, i justed wanted to know if anyone had pics of mounting gear in the hull, also what is best filler to make the hull water proof. colin

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1351
26th Dec 2016 08:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24864

Hi Colin
Merry Christmas to you too.
I will get some pics of Malcs model interior in the near future and post details online.
I usually cover my hulls in fibre cloth and resin but tissue paper and sanding sealer will also seal the hull.
More to follow
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
jaffy012
(Chief Petty Officer)

26th Dec 2016 11:37  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24866

thank you dave