Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (24)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Building Related > Deck furniture
Deck furniture
(238 views)
drspock
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 7
6th Aug 2017 11:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31739

My current build is the precedent Prekasa;but this applies to many other PT type boats.
The Perkasa is awash with various sizes and shapes of lockers;If you look online there are many choices ( at a choice price!),and they are rarely exactly what you want anyway.
I have been making these lockers out of any old scrap of wood,cut to size and shape,covered in 0.5 / 1mm plasticard,hinges and hasps etc.made from a huge pack of profiles direct from china.Sand and prime with etching primer ,and the result is quick,easy,and exactly the style you want for next to no money!

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 102
7th Aug 2017 10:35  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31768

If you go to battlecrafts shop on eBay, or battlecrafts own website. All the deck furniture and weaponry are available in resin casting or resin an metal castings from them. Both in 1/32 & 1/24th scale. I have made some and bought some from battlecrafts. I have found them very helpful and also very fast delivery. Hope that helps. Best wishes, Dave W

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1034
7th Aug 2017 11:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31769

Good tip Dave 👍
Found some 1/72 guns for my destroyer there 😊
Been looking for years 😉
Cheers Doug 😎

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
rolfman2000
(Admiral)

7th Aug 2017 12:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31770

Sorry guys... I should have added that Battlecrafts do loads of armaments in various scales for lots of ships. If you have the money, they have a complete set of fittings including guns, torpedoes, and ALL the deck fittings for both 1/24th and 1/32nd models of the Perkasa. I have only added a few bits plus both guns on my 34" one, but it does add a lot of "realism" to it. Pics will follow when she's complete 😊

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

7th Aug 2017 13:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31771

You're right Rolf, they ain't cheap, but they look damn good!
Just ordered a set of 4.7s for HMS Hotspur. Up to now had only found such guns in 1/96 and everything here (Germany) seems to be 1/100 🤔
Unfortunately Battle Crafts don't do the fiddly quad Vickers 0.5 MGs, so I went for a later fit of twin 20mm and built them from 0.5mm brass to John Lambert (God rest his brilliant soul) plans.
Here the link -
http://www.battlecrafts.co.uk/
otherwise if you just Google Battle Crafts you'll get zig million links to online wargames😡
Tip/request to all: When recommending please include the link👍 Saves a lot of time filtering out the rubbish!
Cheers Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

7th Aug 2017 14:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31772

Sorry for no link. But in my defence, if I put battlecrafts (and it's one word not two) in Google, the first thing that comes up is this site. I have no zig million links to war games. I must have my browser security set a lot higher than Doug's. Best wishes, Dave W 😊

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

7th Aug 2017 15:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31773

Oddly that is the response I now get (Google or Yahoo secure) !
Router / Browser / Cache / Google memory !?
Curiously MacAffee Web Adviser lists all their links as 'Suspicious', 'Non existent URL' and 'PUP' (Potentially Unwanted Programme) !!??
I have advised them of the truth and asked them to re-check and re-classify.
Cheers Doug 😎
PS now going off-air while I learn to programme the new RC set! 😉
Wish me luck!