Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2017: 3 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 18 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (15)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Building Related > M5 Prop Shaft
M5 Prop Shaft
(308 views)
battleshipbuff
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
3rd Dec 2017 18:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36369

Hi,
Asking for a friend who is building his own boat,and requires an M5 Propshaft.He is having problems trying to find one,so could anyone tell him where to look please?
Cheers,
Mick F

mturpin013
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 6
3rd Dec 2017 19:06  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36371

Try this I have just bought one you can select size and length
http://www.modelboatbits.com/MAXIDRIVE-SHAFT-TUBES

ChrisF
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 19
3rd Dec 2017 21:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36372

Raboesch also do M5 from Cornwall Boats etc.

Concentrating on the fine Fairey Marine boats
BOATSHED
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 57
4th Dec 2017 12:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36374

I have been a model boater since I was nine. I find now that the majority of model shop's NO longer stock model boat thing's. Admitted there are still some that does stock thing's they are few and far between. So what ever yo want has to be got from the internet now. Bearing in mind I am now 67 there are many of my age that do not use the internet and are not computer user's. So this must be very awkward for them.

BOATSHED
ChrisF
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 19
4th Dec 2017 15:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36381

True, but the internet does make it easy to find virtually everything that you want and you can compare alternatives and prices.

A shop does give you the opportunity to look at the part (if they have it!) but often they will only have a choice of one.

I think the internet is invaluable for parts and research and getting something delivered in a couple of days is brilliant.

I'm 64 by the way.

Concentrating on the fine Fairey Marine boats
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1126
4th Dec 2017 17:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36384

Agree with you 101% Chris 👍
and I'm 66 - but have to admit I've been working with computers since the end of the 60ies!
Cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
battleshipbuff
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
4th Dec 2017 17:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36385

Thanks for your replies,which Ive passed on to my pal.He has now sourced the item he wanted,and also says thanks.Incidentally,he is a young lad,and does have internet access but he is new to boating,and just finding out about things.
If we are mentioning ages,I am almost 72!
Cheers
Mick F

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 183
5th Dec 2017 23:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36423

Will be 75 in March 👍 but have been using my lappy about 11/12 yrs and used it buy everything I want on line for last 4 yrs. This is because I'm house bound. I have noticed a no of train shops live but Boat/ Planes shops only 2 reasonably close.Anyone know the reason for disparity in numbers? 👍
However I may be able to get out before too long as first hip op is scheduled for 11/Dec providing leg heals ok by Friday. Oh! forgot to mention I dropped the lappy on it AGAIN Regards John O/T

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 497
5th Dec 2017 23:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36425

Hi John, train shops are common because of a lot of people buying trains track etc, lot of clubs making layouts. Planes are a different story, expensive and breakable so model shops cater for the most popular buyers, (they spend a lot!!!) boats on the other hand don't usually break, sinking is not usually a permanent problem, so little to replace, so poor sales, no demand.
Hope your opp goes well and you can get down to the water again

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
Mzee
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 10
6th Dec 2017 04:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/36429

Well, I am 83+ and use the Internet extensively - been making models of all sorts (and that includes topographic and architecture models) since I was about 10 :-). Must add that Cornwall Model Boats is the tops - great range of everything and speedy, reliable service.