• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Forum
    Search
    Jump To:
    All Categories
    Hobby Chit Chat
    Non-Hobby Chat
    RC & Electrics
    Building Related
    For Sale/Wanted
    Website Related
    General Resources
    Page 1 of 105
    >>>
    Abergavenny steam and vintage show.
    Morning Doug, yes you spotted it, that was the first boat I ever built back in 1957 my 8th birthday present. Just off now back to the show, need to be in showground before 7am to get a parking spot for car and trailer. Cheers Colin. πŸ‘
    13 minutes ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Colin H ( Lieutenant)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    4 Posts
    2 Likes
    Started
    8 hours ago
    by Colin H
    Latest
    13 minutes ago
    by Colin H
    Mistery box
    Hi Colin, Can't help with the tug I'm afraid, although from hull and funnel form she looks relatively modern. Googling J %& P McConnell turned up a load of American judges and such but nothing relevant ☹️ That Supermarine looks in a tad better condition than the one you sent me for renovation πŸ˜‰ Interesting that the spacers appear to be brass, whereas the one I renovated had aluminium (or rather aluminium dust!πŸ€”) spacers. The Hitec ESC is very familiar 😊 I still have one (in working order) which did sterling service for a good 30 years, first in my destroyer and later in my Sea Queen before the latest refit with brushless. It should work fine with your renovated Supermarine on a 7.2V NiMh or a 2S LiPo πŸ‘ Cheers, Doug 😎
    7 hours ago by πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ RNinMunich ( Fleet Admiral)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    2 Posts
    1 Like
    Started
    10 hours ago
    by Colin H
    Latest
    7 hours ago
    by RNinMunich
    Finding a supplier of 2.00mm 2.5mm Ply
    Try Jotika, they used to make their own ply. Regards, Pete D.
    10 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Pete D ( Master Seaman)
    Building Related
    6 Posts
    1 Like
    Started
    5 days ago
    by Raggie
    Latest
    10 hours ago
    by Pete D
    Fairmile c class maiden voyage
    hi there Chewi having read through your postings and watching your video - I am not sure if you have the ACTion P94 set up correctly. You should be able to spin that model round on the spot as the P94 contains a rudder motor mixer built into it. However, be warned, the P94 doesnt like certain 2.4 transmitter sets. Basically, you have to set your transmitter back to zero manufacture settings with no mixing at all on your transmitter to get it working - and - its all done in the ESC - I have built several triple screw vessels myself - the RAF63and the MTBs and basically what I used to do there is use the old Electronize speed controllers from the 90s which dont have the pre-programmed chips in them so that I could switch the signal on and off to the speed controller, thus allowing me to control the centre prop by switching the signal off and on. So, when I wanted speed I ran on all 3 props but when I wanted to manouvre I switched the centre prop off and allowed the 2 outboard motors to spin the vessel with the rudders, using mixers. In this particular model - I would ditch the gelcel battery and go for a Ni-MH battery and the 9.6 volt 500 mAh - 3 of these batteries one for each motor should give you ample run time. John
    12 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ JOHN ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Building Related
    8 Posts
    6 Likes
    Started
    8 days ago
    by Chewi
    Latest
    12 hours ago
    by JOHN
    how did your sailing day go?
    hi ya pretty windy today (after rain at first) so there wasnt much sailing for us lot - but the yachties were loving it. I took my oil rig supply vessel down The Seaforth Conqueror and had 10 mins down the lake. Hope you all had some good sailing today. Lets see some more pics of your sailing :-)
    13 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ JOHN ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    8 Posts
    18 Likes
    Started
    27 days ago
    by JOHN
    Latest
    13 hours ago
    by JOHN
    Mast light colours.
    😎Hi Guys I usually Google the COLREGS for that era of ship for the correct lights, colours, positions and correct combination for that vessels specific duties. They all have a specific message to other vessels, they definitely are not Christmas Trees like some I see at shows. Happy lighting
    18 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ikseno99 ( Leading Seaman)
    Building Related
    7 Posts
    5 Likes
    Started
    2 days ago
    by rossiter
    Latest
    18 hours ago
    by ikseno99
    Hints and Tips.
    Hi Going on Martin's tip for using bulldog clips as clamps, the next time your partner goes to M/S to get some new trousers see if they can get you some more trousers hangers, as the clips that are used to hold the trousers make good clamps,πŸ‘
    21 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Fred ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Building Related
    51 Posts
    115 Likes
    Started
    21 days ago
    by Martin555
    Latest
    21 hours ago
    by Fred
    Motor forward and reverse
    Hi Peter, Another little brain wave. Just convert a servo to continually rotate and and set the pot to the midpoint You then have a forward and reverse motor/ gearbox. I think that might also work. Martin.
    22 hours ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Martin555 ( Warrant Officer)
    RC & Electrics
    6 Posts
    9 Likes
    Started
    1 day ago
    by MouldBuilder
    Latest
    22 hours ago
    by Martin555
    Tamar Lifeboat propellers
    Not sure if Prop Shop still exists - always found Simon to be very good with advice on choosing props (especially when plying him with tea & coffee at shows) . Seriously if he is still around he will definitely be able to give you some good advice.(and supply you with brilliantly made props , although a little more expensive than Raebosch)
    4 days ago by πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ redpmg ( Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Building Related
    2 Posts
    1 Like
    Started
    6 days ago
    by alan50
    Latest
    4 days ago
    by redpmg
    Open day
    Open day event all welcome, toilets available ( little walk away) cafe adjacent the lake, parking available at side of the lake, bring your gazebo set up on grass, sorry, no ic or steam models on the water.
    5 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ KenThompson ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Jun
    1 Day Only!
    0 Posts
    1 Like
    Started
    5 days ago
    by KenThompson

No Replies Yet
    Scale Figure Guide.
    Hi Red, I was just being nosey and looking around on the net and as soon as I came across it I thought of the members on this site. Even if the scale that you are working on is not on the sheet you can estimate the scale. Martin.
    6 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Martin555 ( Warrant Officer)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    3 Posts
    6 Likes
    Started
    6 days ago
    by Martin555
    Latest
    6 days ago
    by Martin555
    Cruise Liners
    Try the "marco polo" nice mid size cruiser with regular sailings from many British ports.
    7 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Lordgord ( Master Seaman)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    9 Posts
    19 Likes
    Started
    10 days ago
    by redpmg
    Latest
    7 days ago
    by Lordgord
    ellesmere port MBC
    The event on 18-19 Sat/Sun was outstanding well presented and ever so helpful club members they really have put a lot of work into the site and I look forward to Next time. Come along and have a good weekend in the fresh air and not stuck in Haydock or Blackpool.
    7 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ dragon ( Chief Petty Officer 1st Class)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    1 Post
    1 Like
    Started
    7 days ago
    by dragon

No Replies Yet
    waverley in need of new boilers
    Excellent job David πŸ‘ Fingers crossed for your next booking 🀞 Doug
    8 days ago by πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ RNinMunich ( Fleet Admiral)
    General Resources
    7 Posts
    5 Likes
    Started
    14 days ago
    by jtdavid
    Latest
    8 days ago
    by RNinMunich
    R/C Boat for Sale
    For Sale:Rc Model Boat Sea Rover Red & White, wooden deck, 76cm x 25cm, Never used. Condition is New. New Saturn 2.4 Ghz radio transmitter & receiver included. Viper Marine 25 speed controller & motor included. Will need own battery supply. Buyer to collect.Β£250
    8 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Jimbob901 ( Recruit)
    For Sale/Wanted
    1 Post
    0 Likes
    Started
    8 days ago
    by Jimbob901

No Replies Yet
    Post code
    Thankyou . Have a good day .colπŸ‘
    8 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Burman ( Recruit)
    General Resources
    3 Posts
    0 Likes
    Started
    8 days ago
    by Burman
    Latest
    8 days ago
    by Burman
    2 day model boat show
    Well done Ellesmere Port, nice show, thoroughly enjoyed it. Please repeat next year.
    8 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nerys ( Petty Officer 1st Class)
    General Resources
    3 Posts
    2 Likes
    Started
    25 days ago
    by nutrunner
    Latest
    8 days ago
    by Nerys
    C642 RFA Coaster
    Thanks for that,at least civilian crew are easier to obtain rather than naval at 1/32nd.πŸ‘
    8 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ rossiter ( Able Seaman)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    3 Posts
    2 Likes
    Started
    10 days ago
    by rossiter
    Latest
    8 days ago
    by rossiter
    Motor suppression
    Thanks Doug. This will help me understand capacitor values in the future. I now have an understanding of resistors, capacitors, ic`s (a little) and diodes. Transistors next😊 I have attached a picture of the site that confused me😎
    9 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ MouldBuilder ( Warrant Officer)
    RC & Electrics
    5 Posts
    7 Likes
    Started
    9 days ago
    by MouldBuilder
    Latest
    9 days ago
    by MouldBuilder
    Tug Brooklyn Maiden Voyage!
    Hi GARTH, It's not easy there is a pond, But, there is an area where a model boat can get launched from! Just have to make sure you have rubber boots! Cheers, Ed
    9 days ago by πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ figtree7nts ( Commodore)
    Jun
    1 Day Only!
    0 Posts
    10 Likes
    Started
    1 month ago
    by figtree7nts
    Latest
    1 month ago
    by figtree7nts
    Recent Down Time
    It’s ours. Well, kinda Google’s. Auto detection means the Google natural language API picked up negative sentiment in the post content. It’s nothing to do with 1&1. Fireboat2 is a testing account I use. Stephen
    11 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Fireboat ( Midshipman)
    Website Related
    12 Posts
    13 Likes
    Started
    13 days ago
    by Fireboat
    Latest
    11 days ago
    by Fireboat
    NAAMA Tug Plan
    Thanks John - found a paper copy in a magazine - but will pm you as its easy to stitch together on Corel. Our scanner has been a bit iffy, having to try a few times to get a decent clear copy.
    11 days ago by πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ redpmg ( Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Building Related
    12 Posts
    15 Likes
    Started
    23 days ago
    by redpmg
    Latest
    11 days ago
    by redpmg
    NS - Austria Cup - Netolice
    NS - Austria Cup - Netolice When? 01/06/2019 - 02/06/2019 How much? 08:30 - 17:00 Where? ATC Podrouzek, Netolice PetrΕ―v DvΕ―r 19 Netolice, Czech Republic Map link: ATC PodrouΕΎek, Netolice Opens in new tab GPS: 49 Β° 2'12 .444 "N, 14 Β° 11'4.679" E 49.036804N, 14.184633E Consultation: KLoM Vltava Ceske Budejovice Jaroslav Nyvlt, Cejkovice 46, 373 41 Hluboka nad Vltavou Mobile phone: +420 605 405 821 E-mail: nyvlt.jarda@seznam.cz Ing. Jaroslav Klomfar, A. Barcala 18, 37005 Ceske Budejovice E-mail: Jaroslav.Klomfar@seznam.cz
    12 days ago by πŸ‡¨πŸ‡Ώ Inkoust ( Warrant Officer)
    Jun
    Jun
    0 Posts
    0 Likes
    Started
    12 days ago
    by Inkoust

No Replies Yet
    Glue
    Hi DodgyGeezer I am about half full from the first fill from back in 2017, I do put the top back on the bottle between gluing parts so that my help. Fred
    12 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Fred ( Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class)
    Building Related
    24 Posts
    31 Likes
    Started
    18 days ago
    by MouldBuilder
    Latest
    12 days ago
    by Fred
    Kids Boats
    Agreed.
    13 days ago by πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ RNinMunich ( Fleet Admiral)
    Hobby Chit Chat
    4 Posts
    2 Likes
    Started
    13 days ago
    by redpmg
    Latest
    13 days ago
    by RNinMunich
    Brushed to Brushless upgrade
    In some respects you can think of a brushless motor as part way between a standard brushed electric motor and an I/C engine. The brushless can turn on and off like the electric motor, and is clean like the electric motor. It has a high power-to-weight ratio like the I/C engine, can't run slow like the I/C engine, and you need to make sure that the heat is flushed away....
    14 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ DodgyGeezer ( Warrant Officer)
    RC & Electrics
    24 Posts
    20 Likes
    Started
    17 days ago
    by billhook301
    Latest
    14 days ago
    by DodgyGeezer
    Help me please
    Hi DodgyGeezer, You are definitely one switched on Guy! I wished I joined this web site a lot sooner the knowledge you guys have is awesome and the fact that you don't mind sharing all this information. When making Cottesmore, If only I new then I would of used this in Cottesmore in stead of the system that I have used. (I will explain my system in my Cottesmore's log soon) Thanks again. Martin.
    14 days ago by πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Martin555 ( Warrant Officer)
    RC & Electrics
    12 Posts
    2 Likes
    Started
    16 days ago
    by m02is500
    Latest
    14 days ago
    by Martin555
    Malcolm Cambell blue bird K3
    Thank you for your answer. The drawings seem interesting for my project. Here is my personal email address : Thank you in advance for your help
    14 days ago by πŸ‡«πŸ‡· Alain ( Recruit)
    Building Related
    5 Posts
    0 Likes
    Started
    19 days ago
    by Alain
    Latest
    14 days ago
    by Alain
    What batteries?
    Hello, my friend from a distance. Sufficient energy is needed to drive class 700 motors. NiMh batteries are by no means unable to stably release their current power and turn off the controllers. The LiPol battery is ideal, and in your case the 3S - 11.1 volts. Motors would work reliably with 2S LiPol cells, but I recommend a minimum capacity of 4200 mA if you want to drive at least 40 minutes in full power. 600 class engines would be good for you. I use LiPol 2S 4000 mA in all models. Two regulators per battery is not a problem with one connector you put into the receiver with the help of a red cable needle to ensure that the receiver is burned. If you have one battery, count on the fact that you will drive max 15 minutes at full power and end. In either case, you will need two 60A min. They have a very strong current draw and especially during start-up. If you want to make an investment in the future to buy AC controllers and AC motors, it's power elsewhere and very powerful shaft power. Then you will need a 400W motor and a 45A regulator. https://www.bighobby.cz/Bighobby-NANO-Tech-4200mAh-2S-25C-d1972.htm https://www.bighobby.cz/Sunrise-X80A-Car-sensored-stridavy-regulator-80A-d1010.htm# https://www.bighobby.cz/Motor-Turnigy-D35-36-1250kv-d609.htm Hi Zdenek
    15 days ago by πŸ‡¨πŸ‡Ώ Inkoust ( Warrant Officer)
    RC & Electrics
    2 Posts
    1 Like
    Started
    16 days ago
    by Daveyboy
    Latest
    15 days ago
    by Inkoust
    General information required
    Go for it JimbobπŸ‘ Confucius Bell πŸ˜‰ he say "He who don' ask - don' get!" Look forward to the list with interest. Ciao, Doug 😎
    17 days ago by πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ RNinMunich ( Fleet Admiral)
    For Sale/Wanted
    4 Posts
    0 Likes
    Started
    17 days ago
    by Jimbob901
    Latest
    17 days ago
    by RNinMunich
    Page 1 of 105
    >>>

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info