Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
July 2018: 5 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 25 people
December 2017: 7 people
November 2017: 3 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (6)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Building Related > Dumas Chris Craft engine
Dumas Chris Craft engine
(156 views)
fotoguy
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
18th Jun 2018 16:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/42857

I have a question about the Dumas 1940 Chris Craft barrel back kit. I have decided that I want to build this as a static model. So I thought it be great to include an engine (model).

I would like to use the Hercules engine(s). I have found pictures of the engine and the engine service manual (that has all dimensions), to think about fabricating an engine from scratch. Some thing I have never done an looks differcult. I have also found a couple of 1/8 scale V8 engines ( there is a guy who sells a Pontiac V8 in 1/8 scale resin and there is a 1965 Corvette kit with a 327 V8. I understand that some Chris Craft boats came with small block Chevy engines (283? or 327?). I am also thinking of just installing a highly modified small block engine - you know with chrome heads, velocity stacks, etc. One thing that I found, is that there appears to be NO pictures of a Dumas Chris Craft models with a model engine installed on the net! So I finally get to question, does anyone know if a model Hercules engine exists, has anyone attempted build/install an engine in their model, know someone who did, have any insights or comments or help (or unhelpful) tips. I have also found I6 diesel (from a tank) in 1/8 scale that looks some what like the Hercules engines, but I don't like the idea of putting any old engine to simulate the Hercules. So any help or comments are welcome.