Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (24)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > POLARITY
POLARITY
(749 views)
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 167
13th Dec 2016 00:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24699

I believe Sanwa 35 mhz Rxs are polarity concious. How can I ensure correct connections on my old 6ch Rx?

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1352
13th Dec 2016 11:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24702

Yes some earlier sets from Sanwa used a different protocol to the majority of other systems and I don't believe it was frequency dependant. Present day systems use plugs with (-ve neg) then ( ve pos) then (Pulse). It would be illegal to use for ground based RC.
Sanwa used ( ve pos) then (-ve neg) then pulse.
Red is usually ( ve pos) whilst Black or Brown is usually (-ve neg) with yellow or white (Pulse).
As the power lines are reversed using a different protocol will cause the servo/ESC to fail.
It used to be possible to buy conversion leads but I have checked a few suppliers and they no longer stock such items.
I suggest you buy some extension leads and swop the pos and neg leads on the plug end. You will then have the correct connection for current servos. If you have SANWA servos and just want to use in modern equipment You will need to swop the plug and move the connections to the current standard. SANWA plugs are too rthick to fit modern receivers.
Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but if you are not familiar with the procedure to remove the pins you need to use a scalpel blade to ease the tang up from the visible connection in the plug. Replace in the correct socket and push the tang down to hold the pin in place.
Hope this helps
Dave 😀

Live long and prosper

Dave
tomarack
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 22
15th Dec 2016 17:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24708

Hi,
because it is a ship model forum , I would like to add , that after a general agreement the frequency of 35MHz is primarily intended for model aircraft and for ship models this is 40 MHz.
Modeler with his boat model to 35MHz in our country considers to be a reckless pirate.

If by chance your transmitter operates on the same frequencies, and close air modeler accidentally tuned to your channel, you can cause air model disaster , which is several times more expensive than your ship model.

Tom

Main principle: if It is not broke - do not repair It !
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 167
15th Dec 2016 21:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24710

Thanks boys Yes all my 35Mhz stuff is for planes anyway but my question was how do I identify the ve and - ve pins on a Sanwa 6 ch receiver?
Thanks John

tomarack
(Commander)

16th Dec 2016 14:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24711

Hi,
Unfortunately, I do not know this type, and at the net is a range of products from Sanwa - can you write which number sanwa type Rx you have,please?

for 2,4 Mhz sanwa Rx has - minus at outer pin, plus at the middle , and signal at inner pin ,(see picture) I think, it is possible for 35MHz too , but it can be a question.
As there are some more RX ´s .. so seek the answers for your type.
Try Uncle Google with proper question ( e,g, > sanwa receiver compatibility )

Attached Files - Click To View Large

tomarack
(Commander)

16th Dec 2016 15:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/24712

Hi,
I´m back .
As I can see .. two-pole socket is designed for insertion of a crystal, ( quartz oscillator prism 35 MHz) not as a supply battery - this also may cause misunderstandings.

This arrangement was customary for facilities of 80 and 90 years of the last century with interchangeable crystals.

wishing success
Tom

Attached Files - Click To View Large