Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 5 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 6 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > Futaba Attack 2ER
Futaba Attack 2ER
(610 views)
Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 13
20th May 2017 07:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29144

I have installed a Futaba Attack 2ER receiver plus 2 servos in my fireboat. Both lights are 'on' on the transmitter, and there is the correct voltage coming from the battery supply to the receiver. When I plug in the servo ,the servo moves a bit. However, the transmitter has no effect on the servos. I have checked and rechecked the connections. The aerial was cut, but I have joined the parts together temporarily. Can anyone give me any advice?
Cheers Hughie

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1342
20th May 2017 09:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29150

Hi Hughie
I am assuming the set was working before you cut the aerial? You did bare the wires and twist the copper wires together?
If it was, have you changed anything else?
Did you remove the crystals and are they in the correct place ie Tx in Tx?
I have just repaired a 27Mhz set and the TX crystal had failed for no apparent reason. Replacing with another crystal fixed the problem.
If you have or can borrow another set of crystals at the right frequency and type you can see if they work. Perhaps a local shop may be able to help without you having to buy?
From your description the power is ok, the servo moves so is plugged in the correct way. You have used one of the channel sockets and not the battery socket for the servo?
Let me know how you get on
Cheers
dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

20th May 2017 10:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29153

Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply. No, I didn't try the RC before the aerial got broken. Yes, I have stripped the wire and twisted them together, but haven' t soldered them as yet. I haven't put the battery plug in the servos or vice versa.I will try what you suggest and let you know how I got on.
Cheers
Hughie👍

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th May 2017 12:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29154

Hi Hughie
It's possible then that the problem was pre the aerial cutting. Sorry if I was teaching you to suck eggs but it is easier to suggest ways forward if all the basics have been covered.
If the set was working some time in the past then I would check the crystals. If you can move any of the pins chances are it is broken. Over time crystals can deteriorate for no apparent reason as the internal crystal is encased in a glass vacuum and uses very fine wires for connectors.
I appreciate you wish to keep the existing set but if you do have to buy crystals it may be worth considering a 2.4 combo set (Tx/Rx no servos) as the cost may not be much different and will work with your servos.
Cheers
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

20th May 2017 12:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29156

Hi Dave,
No problem, I appreciate your advice. I will do as you suggest, and see how that works out.
Cheers Hughie

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 166
20th May 2017 14:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29163

Just a thought but have you got matching crystals.It is easy to look and say oh yes got crystals without checking for a match .Sorry if granny is already sucking eggs.👍😉😁

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 166
21st May 2017 12:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29210

Re buying new crystals I don't think they are too dear. Last time i looked they averaged £ 6/ 7 For Sanwa and Futaba Xtals

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

21st May 2017 20:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29229

May be cheapish in the UK but Hughie is in Australia. It's possibly a Xtal problem but may not be so. Hopefully a local source will be able to test the Tx/rx with crystals at no cost.

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1004
21st May 2017 21:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29236

Always understood that Asian products were cheaper Down Under than in Europe!? 😎

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd May 2017 00:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29245

Doug
We don't know that it is a crystal problem. If what you say is true about cost then replacing with a 2.4 set is still worth considering.
I do agree however that EU tarrifs make items we buy in Europe dearer than the rest of the world.

Live long and prosper

Dave
Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

22nd May 2017 05:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29250

Thanks to all of you who gave me some advice. I found out that The crystal on the transmitter was missing. It was in the box, so plug in and great joy! Tears of happiness. I bought this set years ago in Dorchester, Dorset on a trip to see my parents. I think it is a bit cheaper to buy here, but I will compare next back in the UK.
Cheers, and thanks again guys, much appreciated.Hughie😎

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd May 2017 06:33  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29251

Great news 👍 All's well that ends well! 😎

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd May 2017 06:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29252

Dave,
Never denied that! Was a general comment about the cost issue, whichever way he decided to go. Anyway problem solved 👍
I still have my 40Meg set, bought up all the local stock of 40Meg crystals I could find cos I noticed they were becoming as rare as rocking horse droppings. However, have also invested in a Spektrum 2.4 set. One day I'll learn to programme it 😉
Happy sailing Hughie. Cheers Doug 😎

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd May 2017 09:33  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29260

Hi Hughie
Success. Glad you found the problem and you can now solder the wire to the aerial and get the Fireboat on the water.
Happy sailing
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave