Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 6 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 5 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (21)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > Norstar Wave Princess resurrected
Norstar Wave Princess resurrected
(474 views)
AllenA
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 69
25th May 2017 16:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29389

At last The Wave Princess sails again. She is not quite planing yet. She has a Speed 600, cheap '320' amp esc, Macgregor MR23A receiver and a Carson Reflex CS3 servo, 12" Graupner propshaft. Quite proud of the home made prop support, I will never throw out an aluminium cooking pan again. Rookie problems are: 1. slight bend in prop makes it a little noisy but improved with vaseline and WD40 mix. 2. Have a 50mm prop at the moment will reduce that to 30mm and work my way up until I get best result. Will change to Brass eventually. As you can see the front cabin has an incorrectly fitted visa lip which has taken me 30 years to realise, that will be rubbed down and flattened. Really pleased that my bootsale MacGregor transmitter works as if new with a few new connectors to fit the ESC. My first one of many and, hopefully, tidier boats. Any advice and guidance would be warmly welcomed

Attached Files - Click To View Large

John
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 83
25th May 2017 20:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29396

Very nice!

Happy sailing.

John.
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1350
26th May 2017 10:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29402

Hi AllenA
Welcome to the site.
Your model looks superb and you have restored to almost original condition, including the MacGregor! Looks better than the one I used to own!
The smaller prop will be much better, I have cooked a couple of speed 600s with a too large prop.
The lip at the front may not bwe correct but it certainly fits with the period when the model was built.
Good luck with the new prop and perhaps you will post a video so we can all share your experience of this nostalgic model sailing.
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
AllenA
(Admiral)

26th May 2017 10:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29403

Thanks Dave. Good to have some feedback and I will certainly post a video asap. Think I will upgrade my ESC in the near future and I am really tempted to install a 700 BB Turbo. That may be gilding the Lily though. Just out of interest I picked up the MacGregor II at the same time as the Digimac III. That one works as well. They were good quality fair play.

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 166
29th May 2017 20:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29455

I would leave the visa ( visor ? ) as is as some boats did have them John

AllenA
(Admiral)

29th May 2017 20:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29457

Thanks John. I will also use spellcheck in future. Put it down to age.

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 166
30th May 2017 04:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/29463

Yew'n me both 😊🤔