Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
August 2017: 9 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 12 people
January 2017: 15 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (16)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > Conrad REELY, Flysky iA6, FS iS6, Turnigy HT6 !!
Conrad REELY, Flysky iA6, FS iS6, Turnigy HT6 !!
(181 views)
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 633
12th Aug 2017 13:38  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31994

Hi All, Carried over from 'Tank Steering' 😉
Turns out they are all exactly the same beast! Badge Engineering - Branding!
Several German forums also gave the same links to various github pages for mods to any of these sets - all absolutely identical! Only the prices are not! Hobbyking is ALWAYS almost half of any of the other sources prices!
When I'm happy with the 6Ch performance, and have some models stored, will investigate the 10Ch mod.
Cheers Doug 😎

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living/boat modeling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
canabus
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 52
13th Aug 2017 08:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32010

Hi
I seen on another site a RC Master, same thing relabelled !!!
So that's another to the list.

Canabus

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1244
13th Aug 2017 09:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32012

Probably all re-badged from he same supplier.
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
rolfman2000
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 70
13th Aug 2017 11:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32016

Most of the companies you have mentioned tend to rebadge third party suppliers hardware, and put their own firmware on it. Flysky and Turnigy normally won't work together, but, if you install Turnigy with Turnigy, or Flysky with Flysky, it will work. I have successfully "updated" Turnigy receivers with Flysky firmware updates to enable me to use them with my Flysky Transmitter. My next job is to hack my Flysky GT3-B to increase to 8 channels and ppm transmission, so I can install an 8 channel receiver on my 46" fire tender (sound, directional working fire monitors, etc). Hopefully doing it sometime next week. Progress reports as(or if) I make any 😨 Best wishes, Dave W 😊

canabus
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 52
13th Aug 2017 11:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32018

May be we will see some more re-badged names!!!
eg Dave M, Rolfman and Canabus.

HA, HA !!!

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

13th Aug 2017 12:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32019

But don't forget the CE certification! 😉
Thanks for the info folks, esp. re firmware, I'm learning / catching up fast👍
Think I'll leave mine at 6Ch 'til I really really need more acc. to the maxim
If it ain't broke don't fix it 😉
Don't want to risk incompatible updates 🤔
Cheers Doug

rolfman2000
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 70
13th Aug 2017 12:37  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32020

I also have a Taranis, which I use for my quads, and a Turnigy i10 which I usr for just one quad, and I should really put that quad on the Taranis, then use the i10 for all the boating stuff. One of these days I'll get myself sorted out 😂 Have fun out there guys 😀 Dave W

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1244
13th Aug 2017 17:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32030

Hi Rolfman
Glad to hear we have another Taranis user. I am gradually switching all my models to the Taranis but I have a Futaba 6ex which I use with several models and it works ok so maybe not those. Used to use Planet and for most simple boats they work well but I am replacing with Taranis following the demise of Planet supplies.
I do believe Turnigy and FlySky may use the same internal processors as the software seems to run on both sets, but not as you say with each other. The good news is the software is open source so free to download, and there are many working on improvements and additions just like the Taranis. For most users I suspect the 6 or 8 channels available as standard will meet all their requirements, whilst the more adventurous can reprogram. As a lifelong Trekkie fan I am always ready to boldly go!

Doug are you suggesting we should rely on the CE markings? Unless you know who manufactured the article its just a sticker that the Chinese and others have been copying and attaching to their products for years.
Bit like statistics really!
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

13th Aug 2017 17:35  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32031

Hi Dave, Ho ho! Not at all 😉
That was in joking reference to Canabus who asked if you guys were going into manufacturing / branding😁
Cheers Doug 😎