Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 6 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 5 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (28)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > FLYSKY FS-I6S TRANSMITTER
FLYSKY FS-I6S TRANSMITTER
(362 views)
Les-Forbes
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 43
9th Oct 2017 07:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34296

FLYSKY FS-IA6S
I have an opportunity to exchange my current FLYSKY transmitter for the one above. It’s primarily for drones etc but has a more simplified set up with a touch screen access. Anyone got one and that has some experience of it's use with a sailing yacht.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1351
9th Oct 2017 09:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34301

I have just ordered one to raffle for my club. We have similar FlySky sets in the club and they are suitable for all model boats. The set up is straight forward and all the controls you need such as end point and throw are available and as you say touch screen. You can also mix two channels to work off one stick (mainsail plus fore sail). No protruding aerial to get damaged and two buttons to switch on or off. There are reviews on U-tube and one did complain about the shape not allowing the set to stand on its base. This is possibly a benefit as there is no chance of it being knocked over.
There is also an add on to allow a mobile phone or tablet to be attached above the Tx. There is two way comms that allows monitoring of the rx battery so I am guessing more comms can be added to work with the phone/tablet screen.
I'll know more when I get my hands on the kit and will then post more details.
The earlier versions need a software update so check that yours has been updated if you are not computer savvy.
Spare receivers are also cheap to buy.

Live long and prosper

Dave
Les-Forbes
(Commander)

9th Oct 2017 11:15  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34303

Thanks for that information Dave, it's been very helpful. Can you tell me what plug or cable I need to update my Ds-i16 on-line. The socket at the back of mine doesn't look like a USB one.

Thanks Les.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

9th Oct 2017 12:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34305

Hi Les
I have yet to receive my set so sorry I can't advise.
Your original post was not for a Ds-i16 and I can't find this set on the web. The original pic was for the FS-1A6S in white, but you clearly have a black set. Can you post a pic of the front?
However I suggest you do a search and type 'you tube FLYSKY FS-1A6S'.
This should bring up a couple of videos on the set. The socket you have posted is the trainer socket. On the latest versions this is on the bottom of the set next to the micro usb socket.
Your pic suggests this is an earlier version with the trainer's socket on the rear.
I paid £37 from Bangood for mine and it is the latest version. I would check that your set is not the original version. If there is no micro usb socket you may not be able to upgrade the software.

Live long and prosper

Dave
canabus
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 57
9th Oct 2017 12:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34306

Hi All
The Flysky and Hobbyking Turnigy IA6 are the same beast.
The plug on the back is for both trainer link and software update via special cable.
The only problem is the manual does not tell you to hold down the cancel button for about 5 seconds to save your settings.
Also you can get telemetry sensors for temperature, voltage and rpm from the receiver back to the transmitter.

Canabus

SelwynWilliams
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 29
9th Oct 2017 12:11  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34307

My daughter and son-in-law run "uk spares and repairs ltd" for transmitters receivers and other parts for drones . email contact@uksparesandrepairs.com

Les-Forbes
(Commander)

9th Oct 2017 13:23  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34308

Hi Dave. Sorry for the confusion. This is the FLYSKY unit I have. The FS-i6. The company that supplied me it provided the wrong transmitter. As a gesture of goodwill they are offering to replace it with the model FS-i6s. And I was wondering if it has other facilities or easier to program. It certainly look cleaner and less cluttered. The photo showing the plug at the back is infact the FLYSKY FS-i6.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

9th Oct 2017 16:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34310

Hi Les
That's the unit one of my fellow sailors has. It's almost identical specs but can store 20 models as against the 10 for FS-1A16s.
If you look at the U-tube videos I suggested you can see a review and I chose this as it is less cluttered as you say and possibly easier to use for say a novice. As this is being raffled any problems will probably end up at my door so I do hope I have made the right choice.
I do believe they use the same RX but the binding instructions caused my friend a problem. There is a U-tube video showing the correct way to do this so not really a problem.
It's down to personal choice really and if you are happy with the set and it works OK I believe I would hold on to it as it will be OK for the yacht.
Please keep us posted with your progress as others will benefit from your experience.

Live long and prosper

Dave
Les-Forbes
(Commander)

9th Oct 2017 17:36  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34314

Thanks Dave, that's very reassuring. I'll be sure to let you know the outcome.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1027
9th Oct 2017 18:37  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34315

Hi Les, This is the cable you need.
FlySky Data Cable USB Download Line For FS-i6 FS-T6 Transmitter Firmware Update
http://rcmodelparts.co.uk/product/flysky-data-cable-usb-down...
get a shift on - they've only got one left!
This TX is the same as I have under the German brand name of Reely!
I'm very happy with it and these sets were discussed on the site a few months ago under 'Tank steering'.
They TX and RX are bound on delivery, mine worked straight out of the box😊 So you should only need to bind TX and RX if you have changed one of them. Attached is the relevant page from my instruction manual. Cheers Doug 😎 PS "check the digital encoding ..." in the binding instruction simply means make sure both TX and RX have the same version of AFHDS! This is marked on the cases. I see from your pic yours and mine are both 2A.

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

9th Oct 2017 18:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34316

Hi Canabus, True, the manual doesn't actually say for 5 seconds but does say (referring to the CANCEL (🤔) button)
"If the button is kept pushed for a while, the changed set values are stored."
Cheers Doug 😎

Les-Forbes
(Commander)

9th Oct 2017 20:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34317

Thanks for all that help and references. I'll tackle that tomorrow morning.

Les.

Les-Forbes
(Commander)

9th Oct 2017 20:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34318

Thanks for all your help. It's much appreciated.

Les.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

9th Oct 2017 21:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34324

Hi Doug
Just seen your post re the manual. I assume this is for the German badged offering. The binding instructions don't always work with some rx. My friend has a FlySky FS-16 and bought two new rx from Bangood and whilst one worked the other didn't. There is a U-tube video that shows how and uses the bind plug on a different set of rx pins. This worked with the rx that had previously not bound.
As Canabus says this set is rebadged for several retailers so I am not surprised there are minor differences that can cause confusion.

Les
My advice is to leave well alone if the set is bound and working.
The advice I gave about upgrading related to the FS-16S and may not be necessary for the FS-16 which you have.

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Oct 2017 08:15  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34328

Hi Dave, I agree, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I also think that Les is better off with the TX he has.
Not sure why he wrote that they "supplied the wrong transmitter"!?
Touch screen is just a gimmick, not really terribly useful, sometimes a pain in the neck! Cheers Doug 😎

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Oct 2017 08:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34329

Hi Dave & Les, attached the binding instructions from FS-i6 manual and my HT-6 manual.
Procedure and connections are identical, but in my manual the instructions are in clear proper English without all the Chinese gobbledygook!
Only boob they made was to write 'binding button on the receiver' which should of course be 'on the transmitter' Oops🤔

Stick with the TX you have Les! Don't see any advantage in changing.
In fact you'd be worse off because the IA6S has fewer model memories and does not have the two proportional pots between the switches, which the i6 does have. You may not need 'em for your yacht but who knows what else you might build?
So why swap for a less capable TX?
Cheers Doug 😎

Les-Forbes
(Commander)

10th Oct 2017 09:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34330

RNinMunich

Yes I'll go with your recommendations. But it is the FLYSKY FS-iA6 I have at the moment. Doesn't that not have the proportional ports.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Oct 2017 09:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34332

Hi Les, No! Is this your 'Confuse-a-Doug service?) 😉
The one you have in your hand is the FS-i6, which is identical with my unit. The two extra proportional pots (knobs!) are on the panel in the middle at the top just above the FLSKY logo, just like my HT-6 (German label!) Stick with it, it's better than the iA version.
BUT If you are being offered the i6 in exchange for the iA6 then GRAB IT!
Then you will need to bind it to your RX as per instructions I sent, or Dave's video reference - Whatever floats your boat 😉
Bon chance mon ami, Doug

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Oct 2017 09:43  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34333

Les
Just to clarify there are two proportional pots on the top side of the TX on the FS-1A6S, just in a different place to those on your set the FS-iA6.
I am still looking forward to your posts re progress as this will really help others who are new to this type of Tx.

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Oct 2017 10:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34335

Thanks Dave, pots not visible on the photo, or on the FLYSKY site! Saw them in a setup video.👍
Further clarification; there is no 'iA' TX. iA is a designation used by FLYSKY only for receivers.
http://www.flysky-cn.com/products_list/keyword=FS-iA&method=...
For the TX there is an 'i6' and an 'i6S' with touch screen etc.
Stick with your 'i6' Les. Good luck 😎