Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 8 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 3 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (7)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Electrical Related > Aero Kit - Sea Queen
Aero Kit - Sea Queen
(285 views)
AndyG009
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 6
12th Oct 2017 15:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34428

Have purchased a JoTiKa Sea Queen kit, and have considered changing the supplied motor for something that gives a bit of speed.

Has anyone out there got any ideas that might help me - motor / prop size combination.

Also has anyone had experience of this kit and got any comments on issues !

Thanks in advance

DennisRobotham
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 12
13th Oct 2017 08:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34450

Hi Andy, i have the Huntsman with a torpedo 850 which gives it a realistic speed,cuts through the water nicely.. good luck with the build

Dennis G.V.M.B.C
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1399
13th Oct 2017 09:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34454

Hi Andy
Welcome to the site.
There are many posts re building and fitting out Sea Queens on the site. You can search and browse. The boats in Harbour section will alsos give yousi details of the motor/prop/battery set up.
I have an original Aerokits version and in my 48" Sea Queen I use a brushless 42 size 850Kv water cooled motor of 700 watts and it is happy driving a Prop Shop prop of 42mm at 45 amp on full throttle. Power is from an 11.1v Lipo of at least 2200 mA but Nimhs would work, just not as fast and less duration.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Live long and prosper

Dave
appstore
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 1
13th Oct 2017 21:28  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34461

I purchased and built this kit, did not have any problems but found the supplied brushed motor was inadequate for the performance I required. So installed an overlander T4250 brushless motor with a 45mm prop. changed the battery for an overlander Lipo 4500 mA battery, fusion Hawk 60amp ESC. totally different boat as to the performance. Slight modification to the motor mount was required.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

GARTH
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 8
31st Oct 2017 14:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35178

I think I will upgrade my motor & battery like you have it's just the cost that I'm concerned with .

modelboatdevil
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 2
1st Nov 2017 00:33  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35195

I have had a TFL SSS5694 1000Kv motor for 6S in the Sea Queen boat, the speed was great, but now I changed the power to a Zenoah 20cc engine, similar speed but with sound and smoke now.