Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (27)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Events > Blackpool Model Boat Show
Blackpool Model Boat Show
(6610 views)
4clubs
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 103
20th Aug 2014 20:53  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/14749

25th October 2014 - 25th October 2014

Blackpool MODEL BOAT SHOW at Norbreck Castle Hotel
North Prom Blackpool. 25th October Saturday and 26th October Sunday from 10am.

↑ Click The Map For Directions! ↑

maxferrie
PEDRO54
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 10
3rd Oct 2014 22:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15166

Bury metro marine modelling society will also be In attendance.

4clubs
(Fleet Admiral!)

25th Oct 2014 20:43  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15437

BLACKPOOL 2014
4clubs attended today. I think the show lacks the lustre It once had and the hall Is still poorly Illuminated. Doesn't seem to have as many clubs and traders as It used too, £6 entrance fee no concessions and even exhibitors have to pay £4 odd, or am I just becoming a grumpy old man?
I did manage to get the navigation lights, small cowl vents and the 1/8 diam alI tube I wanted, but that was the extent of my purchases.
There are rumours that they are going to change the venue.
I would be Interested to hear what other members who attended thought of It.

maxferrie
Flack
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 154
25th Oct 2014 21:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15440

Blackpool 2014

Had a couple of hours at the Blackpool show today and whilst I came away with some of the things I wanted I have to agree with 4clubs that the number of clubs and traders attending seems to have dropped drastically. Having made the 100 odd mile journey last year with quite a productive and full day, a good hour to hour and half this year and I'd seen just about everything. A bit sad really as I wont be making the journey next year.

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 476
25th Oct 2014 21:28  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15441

4clubs

Sadly I concur with your thoughts, today was the first time I have been to the show, but not the first time to the Norbrec Castle. The venue has not Improved In 15 years, can't comment on the traders but I noticed that two of the club stands were empty. Possibly they dropped out at the last minute or the club was promised more boats than actually turned up, either way It was noticeable.

The lighting was very poor, heard several comments from traders that they brought there own lights, they had learned from previous years!!!

Stavros has already said that they have booked for next year, maybe our comments could be forwarded to the management.

Don't think I am knocking the organisers. Remember the show at Event City, people didn't go In sufficient numbers, It didn't open the following year. We only have this show In the North West, support It or loose It.

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
4clubs
(Fleet Admiral!)

25th Oct 2014 23:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15444

Hi! Mark
NO!! this Is not the only show In the North West we have the
Model Boat Convention at HAYDOCK which gets better each year, also two shows per year at Ellesmere Port Boat Museum.
But as I said, I think the organisers, (A Model WORLD) are going to change the venue next year.
Cheers
Max(4clubs)

maxferrie
jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

26th Oct 2014 09:35  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15448

Sorry Max

Should have said at this time of year, Haydock, August. Ellesmere, March. When Is second Ellesmere???

Note to A Model World, you are loosing Visitors and Traders because of the venue.

Regards

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
4clubs
(Fleet Admiral!)

26th Oct 2014 16:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15453

Sorry I don't know the dates of second show at Ellesmere Port, the club organizers are getting thin on the ground and I don't know If they will be doing the summer show.
Cheers
Max (4clubs)

maxferrie
chippy
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 20
27th Oct 2014 03:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15467

After reading what you guys have written, I'm pleased I didn't make the journey to Blackpool again this year. I've been for the last 4 years and the lighting was poor then so no Improvements.....what a shame!
I haven't been to Warwick for years but this year a few of us will share the expense by going In one car and get ALL the bits we need.........fingers crossed!

dennisw
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 43
27th Oct 2014 16:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/15469

I went to Blackpool show and I agree with them all, I was glad to see Fleetwood club had a stand.
I liked haydock more

dennis
mturpin013
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 5
30th Sep 2017 22:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33921

Having read the posts of previous years is there any statement from the organisers about improvements before I make the journey for the first time?

mturpin013
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 5
22nd Oct 2017 20:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34862

Went to Blackpool and pleased to say it was worth the trip, however the weather was horrendous.

dragon
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 70
23rd Oct 2017 08:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34871

Blackpool well what can I say that hasn't already been said shame really

4clubs
(Fleet Admiral!)

23rd Oct 2017 09:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34872

Attended the event again this year.
Wow! was impressed. 28 traders 21 clubs according to the brochure. The place was very busy and lots to see lots to buy.
Lighting was good, refreshments available in the hotel front lounge. Not just boats but trucks etc in the other room next to main hall. Ian from Component Shop has really turned this event round. Hoylake Model Boat Club have ordered 10 tables for next year and will be attending. If you have been put off in the past give it a go next year. 😊

maxferrie
liamduck
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 7
23rd Oct 2017 10:36  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34878

I had a look at Blackpool show on Saturday. Sadly, it is not nearly as good as it used to be and there appeared to be no new ideas about featuring the show. I did get a few bits 'n bobs that I needed but I could also have got them elsewhere without paying £6 for the privilege. I thought the lighting was reasonable, although slightly darker in some corners. All in all, I thought Haydock Park was better (but more expensive) and I prefer Ellesmere Port over both of these.😉

Rains a lot here, but the water only comes halfway up the ducks !
Flack
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 154
23rd Oct 2017 10:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34881

I was also at the Blackpool Model Boat show on Saturday and was quite impressed with the show in general, It's always very easy to criticise venues and I accept that the Norbreck Castle is not perfect but I didn't have any problem with the lighting nor the number of Traders or exhibitors, I do like the fact that everything is on one level and easily negotiable. I am amazed that there are comparisons with the likes of Ellesmere Port and Haydock Park in particular as I have been to both and find negotiating the various separate rooms and different levels a nightmare, I always leave both venues wondering whether I have seen everything. As a modelling fraternity we are in danger of losing these exhibitions and having to rely on internet purchases.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1403
23rd Oct 2017 12:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34885

I went Saturday and found good attendance from the public, Traders and Clubs. Lighting was as good as any other show I have attended and I always enjoy talking to both clubs and traders to find out about models or new products. Every show I attend is a whole new experience and as a scratch builder it gives me an opportunity to find and discuss new parts/products and techniques. With the demise of many local model shops this is now one of the few opportunities for such advice and help. We all have expectations but really its up to us what we make of the show. I agree with Flack we either support the events or there won't be any.

Live long and prosper

Dave
juliad
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
23rd Oct 2017 13:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34889

went to the blackpool model boat show yesterday, can anybody help pls......saw a krick model u boat for sale in the bring and buy section i am interested in buying but i have not got the details of the seller, if anyone can help pls email me

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 165
23rd Oct 2017 13:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34890

You guys in England- shire are spoilt for choice some of us north of Hadrian's wall are rather less fortunate ,don't talk it down or it will go down, have to talk the good lady to have a wee holiday down that neck of the woods next year.

cheers Marky

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

23rd Oct 2017 16:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34897

Hi Juliad, try contacting the Blackpool club, i think they were running the bring and buy sale, there details are in the club directory

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club