Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (27)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Events > International Model Boat Show
International Model Boat Show
(1113 views)
neilmc
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 79
24th Sep 2017 22:53  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33550

10th November 2017 - 10th November 2017

2017 International Model Boat Show at last something happening in the south of England. Maybe worth a trip from Portsmouth for me.

Dates are 10 - 12 November 2017

http://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk/our-events-detail.php...

↑ Click The Map For Directions! ↑

Learning so much more with each reply to my posts. One day I may have a boat in the water 🤔
rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 102
25th Sep 2017 02:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33560

Our club is on the list of exhibitors for that show. Although we haven't "officially" been told about it. No matter, I will be attending on, at least, the Friday of the show (as I'm not good in big crowds). Anyone else going, and maybe we could have a little get together ? Here's hoping, Dave W 😊

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1088
25th Sep 2017 12:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33571

Shucks🤔 I have a league bowling match on the 12th here in Munich! Have fun all, cheers Doug 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
neilmc
(Commander)

25th Sep 2017 18:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33596

Cancel it Doug and get yourself over it's only a couple of hours away 😂😂😊

Learning so much more with each reply to my posts. One day I may have a boat in the water 🤔
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1088
25th Sep 2017 19:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33598

Can't I'm afraid; I'm top of the averages in the team! 10th in the league. Cap'n would lynch me 🤔

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
liamduck
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 7
23rd Oct 2017 10:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34880

Oh dear ! Can't make it. Wrong dates for me..........................I will be in sunny Spain then, Yayyyyy. 😎

Rains a lot here, but the water only comes halfway up the ducks !
Novagsi0
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 12
23rd Oct 2017 10:55  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34882

I going again following a break of a few years hope it's better attended than the model engineers show. This year was my final year of going after attending every show for the last 20+ years. People packup up at 2pm when the show is on till 4 and decline of actual model engineering. Not winging just not enjoyed as much as other years.

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 102
23rd Oct 2017 20:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34902

As I've heard nothing from the club officially, it looks like we are not displaying at Warwick. This is a great disappointment to me. But I shall still be going up one day, providing circumstances don't go against me, like for Blackpool. Sorry about that guys, but I have no idea of the reasoning, as I'm not privy to the information. Best wishes, Dave W 😊

tidtug
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 104
5th Nov 2017 23:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35398

I’m looking forward to Warwick boat show been the last few years they have also got tamya lorries doing their thing so should be interesting.

Alan999
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 26
7th Nov 2017 22:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35469

The model engineers show at Alexander Palace used to have smaller boat model accessories on sale
Items always worth buying to keep in stock
Unfortunately the last three years these excellent traders no longer are there..Internet buying is good but I like to see the items in front of me

Am a member of Torrevieja model boat club here in Spain.
tidtug
(Commander)

7th Nov 2017 22:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35471

That’s the one good thing about the Warwick boat show ,plenty of sales stalls

glyn44
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 13
8th Nov 2017 07:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35476

Hi, I’m glad to hear that as I have a list as long as my arm. Will be attending on Friday. Hoping to buy as much as I can towards a Fairey Huntress scratch build.
I am also setting up a new workshop. I am looking to get a scroll saw, table saw, and bench pillar drill. Is it all likely I may buy them at the show?
I’m not sure what to expect there as this will be my first visit.
Happy days.

Let's sail in calm waters
tidtug
(Commander)

8th Nov 2017 11:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35484

If you go on their web site you can see all the dealers and show stands. Last year there was a stand with all power tools so hope he is there for you.

neilmc
(Commander)

8th Nov 2017 12:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35486

Hi Glynn
Screwfix have variable speed scroll saws starting at £130. One of the guys at work has bought and is pretty impressed at the moment.

Neil

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 165
8th Nov 2017 13:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35495

Axminster tools do a hobby scroll saw for £88 + odd pence. Just bought some for our first year workshop they look good quality and robust👍 , ,the saw is also quite light so handy to borrow for the weekend if needs arise. Also bought again from Axminster a small Proxxon table saw for the Architecture model workshop (it only cuts up to 8mm thick )for £127 .

Cheers Marky

neilmc
(Commander)

8th Nov 2017 16:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35515

Hi Marky
That scroll saw at axminster is single speed I think whereas the screwfix one is variable but still a good buy. Looks like you've bought all their stock as it's out of stock at moment 😂😂😂

glyn44
(Chief Petty Officer)

8th Nov 2017 17:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35516

Ok guys, got all that. Need a saw that will do a bit more than 8mm though.
A variable speed saw sounds more versatile for different materials. Thanks for the pointers. Trouble with screwfix is you can’t get a hands on before you buy.

ChrisF
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 11
8th Nov 2017 19:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35535

Hi Glyn - I'm going on Friday as well to get the last of the materials I need for my Swordsman build.

I've recently got around (at last!) to making space in a spare bedroom and have set up a worktop. I was going to buy a Proxxon scroll saw but it was the more expensive DS 460 one at over £300, but decided in the end that for the amount of use it's going to get and relatively thin timber/plywood to be cut that a cheaper one would do.

After some research and reviews on YouTube etc. I decided on the Record 16V for £125 which I ordered from Machine Mart. Got the call today to say it's in so will pick up tomorrow.

Is the Huntress the one featured in Model Boats?

Chris

Concentrating on the fine Fairey Marine boats
glyn44
(Chief Petty Officer)

8th Nov 2017 21:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35546

Hi Chris, I too have looked at reviews, and videos of scroll saws. Trouble is nothing suits everyone. Some love, and others not so keen on all,of the choices. So I reckon it’s upto me to dip my toe in somewhere. I can collect from machine mart as there is one up the road from me. I am hoping to get my three power tools for around £300. Fingers crossed!

Yep the boat I’m going for is the Dave Melbourne Huntress in that very Mag. Hope I bump into you Friday as I will be on my own all day.
Regards Glyn.

ChrisF
(Petty Officer)

9th Nov 2017 14:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35585

Yes it can be difficult deciding on a particular make/model. I found that when looking around the £100 mark that they all seem very similar and there looks to be some badge engineering going on.

With my original budget I was disappointed to find that the DeWalt scroll saw isn't imported into this country for some reason as it gets very good reviews and I have a number of their tools amongst my DIY stuff.

Meanwhile I have a big box in the car the contents of which I shall try out at the weekend.

bellman1942
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 10
10th Nov 2017 19:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35657

Yes👍 Maldon Blackwater Model Boat Club is attending as usual we are coming by coach 😁😁

tidtug
(Commander)

10th Nov 2017 20:28  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35661

Went today brilliant show as usual . A good stand with lots of power tools and drill stands . The other addition this year was a layout for Tamya lorries,yes the whole show is worth it if you can make it.

ChrisF
(Petty Officer)

11th Nov 2017 14:22  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35670

Forgot to mention that the Record scroll saw has a 5 year guarantee which is very good.

Also went yesterday and got the other bits and pieces I need and a bigger Permagrit for sanding the keel and chines to shape.

As said was very good and some fantastic builds.

Novagsi0
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 12
13th Nov 2017 08:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35742

Good show, I attended Saturday. Got a load of bits and pieces for my huntsman was certainly better than the model engineers show a few weeks ago.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

tidtug
(Commander)

13th Nov 2017 08:53  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35743

The different model lifeboats were very interesting I did not realise there were so many .