Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 5 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 6 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (24)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > For Sale/Wanted > 1/200 Yamato
1/200 Yamato
(124 views)
Tinman0405
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
16th Jan 2017 15:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25423

Hi guys

Im having a clear out of stuff ill never get around to and thought Id give club members a chance on this one. If not its off to ebay next week.

Ive decided to let my Barn find 1/200 Nichimo Yamato go. Bought about a year ago and really all ive done is taken it apart. Its been stored in a shed before that for thirty years but i reckon its 95% there. £350. Collection only from Dorking in Surrey.

Pictures here of before stripping down:

http://www.crispyandtherocketman.com/blank

http://www.crispyandtherocketman.com/blank?lightbox=dataItem-ip6mpok2

What you get: As you can see from the pictures when she came to me she had been stored in someone’s shed for the last thirty years. Virtually all there but infested with spiders and covered with an inch of grime.

Scroll forward six months and all the parts that could be teased away have been and washed and in some cases primed. Hull stripped and primed.
The original noisey contra rotating gearbox is included but prop connectors had perished. Suggest replace this gear box anyway.
Damage to the bow. Ok I won’t lie I dropped a hammer on the damned thing. The ABS plastic foredeck shattered. Took the opportunity to replace the oversize tread plate with correct scale 1/200 tread plate. Damage repaired. Old deck retained so that the anchor fairings could be remade to replace on new deck. Other fittings all salvaged to be refitted on new deck.
Rear hanger remade to include a full hanger. Rudder stem needs to be trimmed to allow for deeper hanger. Easy job.
Aircraft. Three included all apart for rebuilding.
Boats. All present I think.
Main guns . Started work on crafting two line railings as wanted to use plastic for strength as this was going to be a pond runner. Easy job to finish. Brass etch doors added
Rest of the bits. Are all contained in several pots for sifting through. I can honestly say there will be a few minor items missing but nothing major or that can be scratch built. Very few of the single AA machine guns made it to me, theres a few for templates or casting f you can do that.

Superstructure. Complete as far as I can tell. The Big AA guns are all complete and present. Some barrels are dinged but all present. Those that can be removed for working on have been. Rest are stuck on solid.

If your interested PM me and Ill take pictures of what she looks like now for you.