Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2017: 3 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 18 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (7)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > For Sale/Wanted > Looking for a Sea Queen
Looking for a Sea Queen
(1006 views)
rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 104
31st Jul 2017 16:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31601

Hi all. As the title says, I am looking for a 46" Sea Queen to restore, and maybe convert to a brushless electric power train. Any model considered, but I do have a budget of £60 to £80.
Thanks in anticipation. Best wishes, Dave W 😎

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 183
31st Jul 2017 23:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31611

Dave W.Why not obtain a plan and go from scratch?👍

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

1st Aug 2017 07:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31616

Hi onetenor, I do have a set of plans available to me, but these days, sadly, due to disability, I am not up to building one from scratch. One member from my own club, and kind members off here have already offered sets of plans, which I have had to turn down, but was grateful for the offer of. I cannot afford a new kit (at approximately £200), so I am looking at a model to restore, hopefully, not in too bad a state.
Best wishes, Dave W 😊

Biggles
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 23
3rd Aug 2017 09:27  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31632

Ebay or Model Boat Mayhem are good places to look for second hand models?

Biggles
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 23
3rd Aug 2017 09:31  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31633

Ebay 302398839355, in Godalming, Surrey, £24.86 at the moment! Good Luck

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

3rd Aug 2017 09:45  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31635

As it happens. They are the places I've been scouring. Also I am the high bidder on the Queen mentioned by Boggles 😀 Thanks guys 😊

canabus
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 70
3rd Aug 2017 10:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31636

Hi Rolf
Hope ewe are successful in you bid.
Other than the paint the main area of problem is the old IC engine area with fuel getting in the wood.
As for cheap parts, Hobbyking.
Radios, brushless motors, ESCs, batteries and props.

The boat is big, so a motor in the 50mm diameter with about a 50mm 2 blade prop.

We will to see what happens and maybe a few posts with pics(we love pics), good luck.
Canabus

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

3rd Aug 2017 20:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31642

More than a little peeved. Just received this from eBay.. .

eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item

Dear eBay Community Member,
The bid that you entered for the item (302398839355) has been cancelled. You can view the reason provided for the cancellation by selecting the (bid history) link from the individual item page.

Please be cautious if you are contacted about purchasing this item after the bid has been cancelled and as always, avoid paying for your eBay item using instant wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram as these payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

Regards,
eBay

So pee'd off its unreal. Hitting the bottle, methinks 😧

Krampus
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 8
3rd Aug 2017 21:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31643

This reminds me my own Ebay experience several years ago. I bid for a car. Nice 1966 T-Bird. Everything going fine and voila, the "seller" began insisting in me sending him the rest of the money (I already paid a small deposit via PayPal) through an "escrow" service using Western Union. I noticed some elemental grammar errors on the "escrow" service webpage and also in the "seller's" writing. Different style from the emails I read from the seller before. I challenged him with paying via PayPal and he sent me an email in a quite anxious tone asking for his escrow thing. At that moment I figured out something went wrong and soon after I received an email from the real seller telling me that his eBay and email accounts got hacked and that apparently others failed into the trap. With my suspicions being corroborated, I wrote an email to the offender telling him everything was OK, but at the end I gave him a piece of my mind. I verified the original folks identity and purchased the car. Lesson: If it smells, it most definitely is s%&t.

Krampus Yachts
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1122
3rd Aug 2017 21:28  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31644

Good for you mate 👍
Some months ago I bought a Video 8 player, so I could transfer my old tapes (mostly of New York winter '86😊) to PC/disc and clean 'em up a bit.
I also checked out the supplier (in Salzburg😉) and paid him by bank transfer. For a couple of months I kept getting emails from EBay (?) telling me I had not paid for the item and my account would be blocked 😡
I trashed them all after that heard no more. FleaBay is my port of last resort! Beware! Hope you find another Rolf. Cheers Doug 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1427
4th Aug 2017 09:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31657

Hi Doug
Bank transfer is only safe if you are dealing with a known and trusted supplier.
Wiring money is fraught with danger and most sites, including e-bay warn against using this method.
Not sure how you checked the supplier but if it was a scam they probably covered this and as a result you fell victim.
It's regrettable that there are some who abuse the sites but I have had only one issue with PayPal and that was sorted quickly once I had reported the problem.
E-bay is my lifeline to the world and enables me to source what I want at reasonable prices.
Cheers
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

4th Aug 2017 10:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31663

Hi Dave, to a private citizen you are quite correct! I do not buy from private citizens on Ebay. I checked the supplier through the German & Austrian Handelskammer (Chamber of Commerce) via a secure link which can be checked via the German IT Security Ministry.
Don't know what the set up is in England these days but a bank transfer (Überweisung) here is protected, electronically receipted and can easily be reversed if something goes wrong. 😊
I also tend to use only those suppliers which are listed under 'Trusted Shops' for expensive items - highly recommendable.
No, in my case it was maybe Ebay who screwed up because the payment did not go through them, supplier forget to tell them ? or an opportunist was trying to cash in.
What ever, a quick call to the supplier confirmed the payment (I had long since received the goods) and Ebay shut up. I was not a victim! Too long in the tooth for that 😉 I also find that Ebay (and Amazon) are rarely the economic option. Ebay I only use for stuff I can't find anywhere else.
Cheers Doug 😎
PS Whatever way you pay Ebay somehow the cash goes by wire! No one carts around suitcase of notes anymore, not even the Mafia apparently😉
I know you were in banking (Systems Analyst?) but where does one draw the line? It's always a leapfrog race between providers, banks etc and hackers 🤔 I use the checks available and don't open suspect mails. Where possible I trace the sender address, if I'm curious enough 😉
So far I only lost €3 to a Chinese 'shop', part of a larger Amazon order for various tools. It never arrived and Emails were not answered so I wrote it off to experience (Lerngeld - Learning money as the Germans say!) and put the shop on my Blacklist. 😎

"The brain is not intended to store facts. It is for thinking, and for knowing where to find the facts !" Albert Einstein. 😉 cheers Doug
pipsteam66
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 4
4th Aug 2017 14:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31669

hi.i have a sea queen model boat ,it had a petrol engine in it.it needs restoring,you can have it free of charge,i live in Northumberland if you want to collect or I will see how much it would cost for postage,regards phil.

philpjuk
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 19
4th Aug 2017 17:39  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31672

I have a queen I built in the 70s, a bit "tatty",fitted with an O&R 21,It has always been stored in the dry and is not soaked in oil,(engine compartment lined with epoxy)I could remove the engine and would sell it within your price range.The only problem is collection (I live in Nottinghamshire) and I am not prepared to send it as I have recently had several parcels destroyed by carriers.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

philpjuk
(Sub-Lieutenant)

4th Aug 2017 17:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31673

Just spotted the previous post, now there is a good offer!.

philpjuk
(Sub-Lieutenant)

4th Aug 2017 17:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31674

Seems to have missed this one!.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

4th Aug 2017 19:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31688

That's just what I am looking for Philpjuk. How much are you looking for (sans motor) ? And where in Nottinghamshire, as I have a friend I visit in Somercotes, so not too far away (I hope). Thanks for the offer, Dave W 😊

philpjuk
(Sub-Lieutenant)

4th Aug 2017 20:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31689

Hi Dave,would £70 be ok?,I live at kelham near newark.This boat was used to tow a dinghy with me and my dad in it when mackerel fishing off Anglesey. Too many projects on,I underestimated the time available now retired!.

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

4th Aug 2017 21:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31690

Yes mate. That will be fine. The only problem I have is getting over to you, as I'm disabled. I think it's going to be next weekend before I can get over. Would you be prepared to meet me half way (somewhere around Thurmaston) ? Send me a private message, we'll make arrangements. Best wishes, Dave W

philpjuk
(Sub-Lieutenant)

5th Aug 2017 00:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31697

There is no problem over collection,any time you wish,not able to private message you (I don`t know how!) better with a hammer than a keyboard!,phil. are you not interested in pipsteam66s boat,seems a very generous offer?.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

5th Aug 2017 00:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31699

Hi phil, to send a PM just click on the members underlined name in any of his posts and you will be taken to his profile page. At the top of the page is a yellow button labelled 'Send xxx a Private Message'.
Cheers Doug 😎
PS Press Cntrl, hold it, and then Pos1 together to jump to the top of the page😉

terry290654
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 1
5th Aug 2017 09:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31704

I have an uncompleted project thàt I would like to sell, just needs painting and finishing , if your interested contact me

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

5th Aug 2017 21:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31732

terry290654, thanks very much, but I think I am sorted now. Should it not work out, i will get in touch by private message through here. Many thanks for your kind offer. Best wishes, Dave W 😊

canabus
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 70
7th Aug 2017 09:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31758

Hi Rolfman2000
Nice to see you finally got a boat.
Happy modelling and call us if require help with the project.
Canabus

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

7th Aug 2017 09:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31759

Thanks very much Canabus. Don't worry, I'll keep in touch with you all. Happy boating all, Dave W. 😎