Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2018: 9 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (34)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > For Sale/Wanted > three model live steam boats for sale
three model live steam boats for sale
(930 views)
terry1956
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 4
20th Aug 2018 14:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45243

hi, far too many toys, so these three radio control live steam boats need to go.there are servos in the boats for rudder and speed control and they all run off gas.
I would like the three to go together has I need the space.
collection from Yeovil
asking 500 pounds for all three.
email terry1956@btinternet.com

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 795
20th Aug 2018 16:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45247

Very nice boats, well worth the asking price, but all three together? I doubt you'll find a buyer as they represent very different tastes.
BUT, at the price of steamy bits these days, a bargain. Are the boilers all inspected and certificated?

Martin

terry1956
(Seaman)

20th Aug 2018 16:11  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45248

I just used them on my local water, they don’t have any paperwork as it was not needed when I used them, and I am not in any club. They are only little Wilesco boilers and there is more pressure in a cycle inner tube.

basilsdad
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 15
20th Aug 2018 18:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45258

hi terry

might be a bit cheeky but i would be interested in what looks to me like a victorian pleasure launch which i presume looking at the photo could be about 30inch plus?, would you consider selling it as a single item if so at what price

regards

basils dad

terry1956
(Seaman)

20th Aug 2018 18:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45260

Always open to an offer

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2417
20th Aug 2018 22:50  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45278

Hi Maurice, Shall we start an auction !?😁
That's the one that appealed to me as well. Looks a bit like a Pinnace?
But if you have steam experience, which I don't, I'll 'retire hurt' 😭
Good luck, Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
basilsdad
(Sub-Lieutenant)

20th Aug 2018 23:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45279

Hi Doug
Did you get the boat done ,as you know hate having to guess prices
Regards Maurice

basilsdad
(Sub-Lieutenant)

20th Aug 2018 23:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45280

Hi Terry
I want to give steam boats a try but don't know a lot about them so letete get my mate to look at the post and then I won't insult you by under pricing and give you a decent offer, maurice

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2417
21st Aug 2018 00:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45284

Mornin' Maurice,
No not yet. So far I've cleaned and primed the hull and bought new ESCs, 50 calibre MGs with mounts and ammo belts from Shapeways, scale crew members and Pacific cammo paints, Oh and the 37mm field gun for the foredeck. Then I got tangled up in a restoration and conversion from static to RC of an ancient Billing Boats Danish fish cutter. 😲
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit my renovated and converted Taycol Target motor plus battery and usual electronics into the small hull!

Have been considering spraying some colour on the PTB hull the next few days, while it's still warm and dry outside😉 Then I can set about refitting the shafts and rudders.

What are you up to? Apart from sniffing round steamers!😁
All the best, Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change, - the Courage to change things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference!
terry1956
(Seaman)

21st Aug 2018 09:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45296

Only the open deck boat for sale now, fitted with a Wilesco d46 boiler and twin cylinder engine. Servos for speed and rudder. This boat runs on gas from a small gas cylinder which gives around 15 to 20 mins running. Looking for £170 collection only. Some people have asked about a boiler test and I have looked into this as I will never understand why it needs one, 19psi, there is more pressure in a coke can. Anyway to get a test it needs a pressure test. Or just buy a new boiler off eBay for £55 pounds. This is collection only from Yeovil

basilsdad
(Sub-Lieutenant)

23rd Aug 2018 11:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/45360

Thanks for the info think I will leave to the experts,nice boat though basilsdad