Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2018: 4 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 11 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (12)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > For Sale/Wanted > Veron Vosper F.P.B. 52"
Veron Vosper F.P.B. 52"
(689 views)
jonryan
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 5
14th Oct 2018 13:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47109

Hello everyone,

Disclosure: I'm not a sailor type! I fly things (badly...), but have acquired, as part of a loft clearance, an unstarted kit of the above.

No idea what it's worth!

Any interest? Looks in pretty good nick, unstarted as far as I can see, plans, build sheets &c, &c.

Pics to follow.

kevinsharpe
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 19
15th Oct 2018 20:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47135

Hi
This model is a particular favorite of mine. I am restoring one having converted to twin electric motors. Quite a rare kit but impressive when made and is 52" hull. Hull is really strong and initially made for 10/15cc engine. Cabin structure quite testing to assemble. I have totally re worked mine. Quite a rare kit and probably collectable. Would probably sell well on e bay. Fleetscale do a hull deck and running gear but the cabin would be a challenge due to its unique shape and flying bridge. An excellent find.
Regards
Kevin

jonryan
(Seaman)

16th Oct 2018 09:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47141

Hi Kevin,

Yes, it looks, shall we say, a challenging project! I do wonder if there will be a new generation of model builders, so much stuff being plug-'n-go these days. still some of us left, though; I've had a number of offers for the FPB.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

boaty
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 63
16th Oct 2018 11:39  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47146

Is this an ASRL as Veron did a version approximately 28 inches in length and made out of balsa and ply.
I do recall that they manufactured a bigger boat but do not know if it was an ASRL or Fast Patrol Boat. Though from what you describe it sounds like the latter.

Boaty😊

Dave Keech
jonryan
(Seaman)

16th Oct 2018 11:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47147

Hi Dave. Are the photos not showing? This one builds to 52". Recommended power is 10cc glow, which would get it up on the plane!

kevinsharpe
(Sub-Lieutenant)

16th Oct 2018 12:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47148

Hi John. Interested to know what kind of offers you have had. Boaty, yes Veron did an RTTL Rescue Target Towing Launch, they featured in the black and white film ' The sea shall not have them'. This though is their fast patrol boat. I believe it's called a 'Trinity class patrol boat and some were supplied to the Trinidad and Tobago navy. You will sometimes see the model bares the name Coureland Bay'. I have seen photos on this website of her. They were built by Vosper Thornycroft in Portsmouth. If I was building her I would put two meaty brushless motors n her which should bring a sprite lay planing performance. I have fitted two Graupner 900s in mine, which give her an excellent turn of speed. These are brushed motors but are not available any more. The hull space is vast so easily accommodates batteries with space for sound system working radar etc.

Regards
Kevin

jonryan
(Seaman)

16th Oct 2018 12:55  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47150

Hi Kevin, thanks for the info.

I agree about the motors. All my aircraft are now electric. The noise isn't as nice, but the lack of oil all over the place is - and they always start!

Best offer I've had so far is £250. I have a bloke coming for a look this evening. I've been told by a collector of such things that I could get >£300, though that seems unlikely to me.

kevinsharpe
(Sub-Lieutenant)

16th Oct 2018 13:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47151

Hi Jon.
I wouldn't be surprised if it would make £300. I have looked around for about six years and never seen such an origional and unmade FPB kit. I have put a sound system in mine supplied by action electronics. The sound is of a turbo cat diesel and is very effective.
Regards
Kevin

jonryan
(Seaman)

16th Oct 2018 13:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47152

Hmm. Perhaps I'll start looking for some other vintage boat kits! 😁

boaty
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 63
16th Oct 2018 13:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47155

The Veron F.P.B does appear to be a very rare model and I feel £300 would be a reasonable price especially when you take into consideration how much a modern day manufacturer would want. Just look at prices for Deans Marine models, mainly their Vosper M.T.B. which is a lot smaller. Also Veron kits seem to have been overlooked and the only model that is easy to obtain is the Slec version of their 26inch River Police Launch. Phil Smith was a great designer of boats and aircraft . I sold my Veron RTTL in the mid 1990s and my fleet today consists of one original Sea Commander, one 34 inch Crash Tender , both of which I restored, an Italeri PT109 and two RTR fast electrics. TOP TIP for anyone who buys your F.T.B- trace around the parts and use them to build the model while keeping the kit intact. I do this with my Keil Kraft control line aeroplanes.

B😁😎oaty

Dave Keech
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 462
16th Oct 2018 22:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47172

Why not try it yourself Jon👍👍