Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
February 2019: 8 people
January 2019: 16 people
December 2018: 6 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > For Sale/Wanted > Lazer cut Kits
Lazer cut Kits
(621 views)
HAKits
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 5
25th Jan 2019 18:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49944

Hello fellow modellers, I thought you might be interested in my range of small model boat kits which i have been selling on a well known auction site. I have started with 6 basic liteply kits based on models i built in my youth. They are all computer drawn and laser cut making them accurate and easy to construct. When i designed these kits it was with the thought that maybe they could be built be younger models with help from a more experienced assistant, therefore they are at what i could call pocket money prices ranging from £29-£39 each. I would be glad to hear fellow modellers thoughts, Thanks.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

John
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 105
26th Jan 2019 20:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49974

Great idea! what sizes are they?

Happy sailing.

John.
HAKits
(Petty Officer)

26th Jan 2019 21:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49975

High John, They are between 450 & 560 mm

DodgyGeezer
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 106
26th Jan 2019 22:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49979

The first two look like the Mermaid and the Cresta from the old Keil Kraft range. You should be aware that Amerang still hold the rights for those....

HAKits
(Petty Officer)

27th Jan 2019 13:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49986

Hello, As i said the kits are based on models i built in my youth. Now i am retired i enjoy drawing in cad and the challenge of turning my drawings into models, I thought other people might wish to build my models especially younger builders and so i sell the kits at cost. I take on board your helpful comment and will remove them from my advertising.

BOATSHED
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 105
27th Jan 2019 19:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49995

Where are you advertising them all for sale please. They look quite good.

BOATSHED
HAKits
(Petty Officer)

27th Jan 2019 20:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49996

Hello, I have just started advertising them on ebay. If you are interested you can contact me via enquiries@hakits.co.uk. Thanks.

DodgyGeezer
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 106
27th Jan 2019 22:10  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/49998

There would be no need to remove them if you simply follow the correct procedure and ask permission from the rights holder. I have found that Amerang are quite happy to allow people to make use of their old plans.

They were happy for me to reverse engineer the kits, create line drawings and place them on my web site for the use of younger modellers. Maybe you came across them there? If you had asked, I could have given you a .DXF file and saved you some work......

HAKits
(Petty Officer)

16th Feb 2019 10:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50435

Hello modellers, just a bit of an update. I have been busy designing 3 more model kits, A pilot Launch (540mm), River cruiser (500mm) and a slipper launch, the latter will be available in 2 sizes 460mm & 700mm. I hope these will be available by early March.