Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2017: 5 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 16 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (16)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > General Resources > Model Wherry hulls
Model Wherry hulls
(320 views)
Westquay
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 180
28th Apr 2017 14:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27862

Hi, 2 questions.
does anyone know of a GRP hull moulding of a Norfolk Wherry, preferably in a decent scale like 1/16th or 1/24th? Yes, I have Black Sailed Traders, Wherries and Waterways and the cardback on Albion, but I am too old to bother with making stuff like hulls. I'd rather buy a decent hull and make the rest on top.

Also, I live in the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk Fens. Is there anyone in the Wisbech/March/ Downham Market area who wants to meet up with like souls and sail for absolutely FREE on any of the huge number of accessible waters we have round here, the Well Creek being one of them.

Ah, three questions....third? Does anyone know if the Scale Sailing Association still exists? I have googled all manner of things and got nowhere. I am not interested in what I call Isle of Man yachts or other modern things with film glued on the decks and sails made of anything other than cotton. I do have a Marblehead, but it's a beautiful vintage one, once owned by Sir Thomas Lipton.

Cheers,
Martin

Westquay
(Captain)

29th Apr 2017 23:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27897

I think the expression is...BUMP!!

Martin

rolfman2000
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 105
30th Apr 2017 05:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27901

Hi Martin. A quick search on the interweb gave me this. Although not finished at time of writing the page (Autumn 2015) he may well be closer now.
http://www.nigancraft.com/model-boats/norfolk-wherry
Hope you have luck with your endeavour.
Kindest regards, Dave W

Westquay
(Captain)

30th Apr 2017 10:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27904

Hi Dave,
yes I came across that one, too. But like so many model boat sites I have found it is so out of date as to make me think they have just disappeared.
I recall once that the model barge people allowed Wherries to race, but there's no mention in their latest stuff. I guess I'll just have to make one in the end.
Thanks for your trouble.
Regards,
Martin