Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
May 2018: 4 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 25 people
December 2017: 7 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 6 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (19)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > General Resources > Newbie radio control question
Newbie radio control question
(435 views)
GerryD
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
24th Mar 2018 16:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40353

I need to get a new radio that I can potentially use on a variety of boats. I have been looking at this: Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2) from Hobby King. Is it any good? And what is the difference between Mode 1 and Mode 2?

Helineil
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 7
24th Mar 2018 16:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40354

Hi Gerry.
Mode1 generaly means rudder on left stick, throttle on right. Mode2 throttle on left stick, rudder on right, that’show I have always understood. Hope this help Neil.

dragon
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 98
24th Mar 2018 17:00  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40355

Yes there ok friend of mine has one and is very pleased
mode 1 or 2 are the throttle control 2 is left 1 is right

GerryD
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 3
24th Mar 2018 17:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40357

Thanks for the quick responses.
Gerry

ukengineman
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 8
24th Mar 2018 19:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40362

The TGY-i6 AFHDS is an excellent radio and at the moment is on offer at £32.32, an almost unbelievable price for a decent 6 Chan radio. Unless you are left handed you will want a mode 2 radio which will give you steering on the right (with sprung centering) and throttle on the left (stick stays where you left it).

teejay
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 24
24th Mar 2018 21:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40364

just the post I have waiting I am just about ready to start thinking about the radio setup form my schenllboot I think this post has answered my question ,but who is selling it for the price mentioned

teejay
(Lieutenant)

24th Mar 2018 21:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40365

ps I will be posting soon on the progress of the schenllboot which is the preparation for my dads boat D2764 an RAF Rttl

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1557
24th Mar 2018 22:03  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40366

Hi All, don't sweat about mode 1 or 2, you can easily reprogramme any stick or switch or pot to do whatever you want on any RX channel you want!👍
If you want the ratchet throttle stick on the right hand side just swap the sticks over! There are instructions in the manual and demos on U-tube.

I have one, a re-branded German version which they call 'Reely HT-6', and spent an entertaining evening chucking out all the fixed wing and heli presets.

Attached is the excellent 68 page English User / Programming manual I got with it. It has no Chin-english gobbledygook in it 😉
I reprogrammed mine for various boats and a Sub no problems.
A Good Buy, Cheers Doug 😎
PS I program my sets always for right stick rudder and throttle, leaves the left hand free for any 'special effects', or the Bierkrug 😉 - I sail here on a lake in a Biergarten 😁

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change,
the Courage to change things that I can, and
the Wisdom to know the difference!
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1557
24th Mar 2018 22:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40370

Hi teejay, which Schnellboot are you building? The S-100?
They were generally known in England as E-Boats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-boat

I have the Revell 1/72 kit, vid on this link shows what some guys can do with it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oBL9W4LVo
😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 cheers Doug
Grant me the Serenity to accept things I can't change,
the Courage to change things that I can, and
the Wisdom to know the difference!
ukengineman
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 8
25th Mar 2018 00:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40374

At the time of posting the TGY-i6 AFHDS is available for £32.32 from the UK HobbyKing warehouse. Go to the hobbyking.com website and put 9114000020-0 into the search box. Their sale may be ending soon.

teejay
(Lieutenant)

25th Mar 2018 00:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40375

Hi RNinMunich I am building the 1-35 scale schenllboot from Italeri as the design was use for the RAF RttLs which were built in Germany in the 1950s my father was RT operator on D2763 &4 they were only in service for 5years , I did a post on the project about this time last year ,and since the tax man has returned my pension money I am now in a position to proceed , I am at the stage where the kit decks are complete and I have done the rudders and I am working on the tillers,( for s boot)and since I have been able to re equip my workshop / garage I will be starting the D boat, and thanks to ukengineman for the info on the TGY-i6, I expect I will be asking more advice in the near future.

teejay
(Lieutenant)

25th Mar 2018 02:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/40376

Ps It is my understanding that the term E-boat was the allied ID for the s boots much the same as the Russian TU 95 is known the bear