Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2018: 5 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (20)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > General Resources > Multi tool Kits
Multi tool Kits
(296 views)
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 405
9th Aug 2018 21:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44899

These look handy I wonder if good quality?--https://www.manomano.co.uk/multi-tool-accessory-sets/216-pc-... The rubber buffs are good from #mano mano although supplied from UK tools etc in Wallasey👍

Brianaro
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 17
9th Aug 2018 23:20  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44902

Difficult to know, unless you buy Dremel most of these sort of tools seem to be of similar quality. I’ve found that some (regardless of cost) ware out fairly quickly. This set isn’t a lot of money so not much to loose if not up to much, but I think you will get your money’s worth out of most if not all of the items

canabus
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 124
10th Aug 2018 04:38  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44904

Hi Brianaro
I have a HILDA from Banggood.
I third the price and all the fittings fit the Dremel.
The Hilda looks the same as the Dremel with a different badge.
The Hilda is powerful and with a speed control as well.
The Hilda kit comes will a flex lead as well.
I am very happy with mine.
Canabus

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 746
10th Aug 2018 09:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44909

I have several sets like that. Bought over the years from this shop and that. Lately mainly Lidl and Aldi. They are all the same quality and work perfectly. I am a professional modelmaker, so I've put these things through the mill over time and never had any complaints. I tend to use my Proxxon drill, which is always flat out as the electronic speed control packed up so I wired it straight through. That might explain why the drum sanders struggle a bit sometimes. I now use them on a drill with a lower speed capability and they're doing better. Grinders never last long, so it's as well to have as many as you can gather. I think the fact is, these tools are only likely to be made by one or two companies, so all are as good as each other. And they come in such NICE boxes!

Martin

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 405
10th Aug 2018 22:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44937

Just as I thought Thanks. I agree re Hilda tools too. Excellent product although there a various ones. Go for best you can afford.👍