Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 5 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 6 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (24)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > Westbourne Models
Westbourne Models
(1131 views)
castlegloom
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 3
14th Jan 2017 17:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25358

Is Westbourne Models still in Business?

Been Trying too get a 75mm Prop, no joy phoning.😉

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 319
15th Jan 2017 02:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25385

Try here

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/propellers.html

Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
Peter47
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 49
18th Jan 2017 10:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25466

I have not got what I order from Westbourne ever, either send me an alternative or after a phone call or three was told out of stock, still a waiting refund, not a large amount so not too bothered, just trust as gone out the window. They still advertising on web and Model boat magazines.
I'd stick with Cornwall Model or any other Model shop, but Westbourne.

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 319
18th Jan 2017 13:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25468

Hi Peter47,

Sorry to read what your going through, This is why I have been making my Purchases from Cornwall Model Boats. I've been purchasing from them for over 9 months now with no problems. So if you need model boat parts or supplies you should consider Cornwall Model Boats. their also a very friendly and helpful bunch. Also I live in the States and I receive my parcel in about a weeks time.

PS. Stay away from Westbourne all I've heard is People having problems with their purchases.

"Fair winds calm Seas"
jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 439
18th Jan 2017 14:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25470

Hi Peter, lost my trust in Westbourne when i visited the shop 2 years ago, popped in just looking (like you do) 3 o'clock friday afternoon was only there about 5 minutes when the guy behind the counter demanded i bought something or leave, great customer service (i dont think)

Etherow Model Boat Club
ColinT
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 34
18th Jan 2017 18:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25477

I ordered some parts over two years ago, still waiting they do not answer emails or the phone, why Model Boats allow them to advertise I do not know. a complete waste of time go to Cornwall model boats they are fantastic.

red110kev
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
23rd Jan 2017 13:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25595

DO NOT order from Westbourne. There have been many complaints on various forums about their lack of service and concern for the customer (myself included).
It appears (from another forum) that the shop is boarded up and they only trade via the internet now.
But, DO NOT order over the net. I did a few months ago and when I eventually found out that they didn't stock the props I wanted, I cancelled the order and was assured a full refund would be paid.
They did not, and after chasing numerous times had to get my credit card company involved. BTW, when I did once get through on the phone and I said I'd sent an email, the guy on the phone said they don't bother with emails as there's so many backed up at their email address!!!
It's a shame their website is so slick but the customer service 'aint.

jacktar
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
23rd Jan 2017 19:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25605

I ordered two props from Westbourne Did not receive them.
When I emailed them NO reply.Had to go through PayPal to get my money back. After three emails with PayPal got my money
Will never use them again.

twofloats12
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 4
29th Jan 2017 12:56  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25769

hi this is the part of the miniutes from the club i belong to not looking good as i liked the old shop.
🤔Model shops - There are now no local model shops, Westbourne Model Shop are working out of a
garage opposite their previous shop, not much stock is held and not easy to look at, some members
have said its not worth going to😱😱

Peter47
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 49
29th Jan 2017 19:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25785

Yet they still show the shop frontage on their site and Magazine adverts. It was a sad day when my local model shop Ashton Models closed, know far and wide used it man and boy in that order, they were old school, seemed to know everything about any hobby you could think of, rarely where they stumped. If you needed a thingy bob for a whats it you call it, you left with the very thing you needed, it was a treasure trove. A sad day indeed when they closed.