Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
August 2017: 7 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 12 people
January 2017: 17 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (4)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > what is an avatar
what is an avatar
(384 views)
walterles84
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 2
14th Jan 2017 17:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25362

At the top of My Account it says Your account does not have an avatar, why not uplooad one. What is an avatar and how do I upload one. Thanks.

walter leslie roberts
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 318
15th Jan 2017 00:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25383

Hi Walterles84

An Avatar is an Icon or figure representing a particular person in Computer games, Internet Forums. It's basically a picture you upload that only you would use to represent yourself to others.

Go to your user name on the top left corner. scroll down to profile then click on profile, click update your profile choose a picture you have already saved on your computer.

Hope this helps

Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
walterles84
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 2
15th Jan 2017 10:43  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25387

Thanks figtree7nights. I have tried to send a letter and an avatar but I get a message that it is too big. I don't know if the size refers to the letter the photo or both.Can I send them both together and how do I REDUCE THE SIZE OF MY AVATAR.
Thanks again. Walterles84

walter leslie roberts
Fireboat
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 256
15th Jan 2017 10:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25388

Hi Walter,

Could you email me the photo you're trying to upload? modelboatswebsite@gmail.com

I'll try my side. If the website is saying it's too large it could be either the format of the image or that it's over (I think 15MB is the limit). Either way, I'll see what I can do. If you can attach it to an email and send it to the above address that would be great.

Thanks,
Stephen

🚤
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

15th Jan 2017 12:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25390

Hi Walter,

Please by all means send Stephen the picture by emailing it to the email address he stated. If Stephen can't do It I don't know who can, after all he's the website ADMIN guy. Just hope the picture isn't too big, and is the right format! 👍

Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
Fireboat
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 256
15th Jan 2017 15:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25394

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your email. I've successfully added the photo you sent to your website profile now.

There didn't appear to be any problems with the image size or format. Bit strange you saw an error somewhere, hopefully it won't show again though.

Thanks,
Stephen

🚤
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

15th Jan 2017 17:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/25399

Hi Walter,

I'm glad to see you now have an Avatar, Profile Picture to be exact. See Stephen really knows his stuff Good Admin...👍

"Fair winds calm Seas"