Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2017: 3 people
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 18 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (10)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > Looking for a particular person
Looking for a particular person
(755 views)
Westquay
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 180
8th Apr 2017 14:50  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27330

Hi, I am trying to contact somebody on Model Boat Mayhem with the name of roycv. We seem to share an interest in old motors and I would like to contact him, but I am banned from MBM!

Cheers,
Martin

adross
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 6
9th Apr 2017 17:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27349

Congratulations on the ban from MBM! - Apparently all the best people are don't ya know! 😭

Westquay
(Captain)

9th Apr 2017 18:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27350

Yep, they all started talking cobblers about copyright. I used to deal with that stuff when I worked in tech. publications, but they wouldn't listen. Then I got chucked off Model Boats because I took umbradge at the editor not knowing the difference twixt a barge and a narrow boat. That was just unforgivable.

Martin

adross
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 6
10th Apr 2017 00:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27357

Oh dear, and that's what happens if you can think for yourself and should dare to query any of 'the clique.'

PM sent

Westquay
(Captain)

10th Apr 2017 10:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27363

Exactly! I've been thrown off all forums and best of all I got kicked out of the Brooklands Society by the President himself for criticizing their appalling website! Proud of that one.

Cheers,
Martin

Ballast
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 56
11th Apr 2017 08:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27383

That's a pretty impressive CV. Put's mine in the shade !!!😊

Alan
Ballast
(Captain)

11th Apr 2017 09:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27385

That's it ! Promotion !!!

Alan
Ballast
(Captain)

11th Apr 2017 09:14  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27386

Nearly !!!

Alan
Fireboat
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 257
11th Apr 2017 09:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27387

Been doing some digging for the user roycv. There are no users on here with that name, but there are members that could possibly be the same person.....

tidtug33
Trillium
cathol8

Welcome aboard the Model Boats Website too! We're a smaller community than MBM or ModelBoats, but some great knowledgeable people on here 👍

Stephen

🚤
Westquay
(Captain)

11th Apr 2017 10:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27388

A kind member has found me Roy's e-mail address, so success. Many thanks.

Martin

Westquay
(Captain)

11th Apr 2017 11:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27389

Alas, he talks a lot about old motors, but doesn't use them as such. I want to use mine, at least to try them out before I give up and go all buggy motor. (I call all cylindrical Jap motors "Buggy motors"). It's easier than remembering all the fancy numbers. Buggy or drill motors. I have an electric screwdriver whose batteries are pretty much dead, so there's another motor to go with the minidrill motors I already have!
The way I see it is I used to use these old British motors years ago and they always worked, so why not now? I have them and I don't want them sitting on a shelf and I don't want to buy new Jap stuff or ESCs.
Failing that, the boats will go on the shelf as show queens and I'll go all wind powered. I have a Veron Veronica, a one-off Dorade GRP hull of considerable age and a vintage Marblehead once owned by Sir Thomas Lipton. Oh and a partly built hull of a Victorian "Plank-on-edge" gaff cutter on which I used to live.
Sounds like I need to sort my stuff out!

Thanks for all the help. If anyone needs any help with things like mahogany speedboats, deck fittings, etc. please pick my brains.

Cheers,
Martin