Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
July 2017: 11 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 12 people
January 2017: 29 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (6)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > fire boat
fire boat
(317 views)
marky
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 54
29th Jun 2017 12:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30739

Just printed a set of eezebilt drawings from the plans section .i am very lucky and work in a university that has lots of facilities I took the drawings to the reprographic department who scanned them for me I have taken the file to the CAD workshop (luckily I manage the workshop technicians) and left the file to be laser cut in 3mm marine birch ply ,off for a few days so will pick it up on Monday will post some pictures when its ready.

cenbeth
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 164
29th Jun 2017 14:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30744

The Joy's of working! I didn't think I'd miss work when I retired but I certainly miss the drawing office and photocopiers! Make the most of your facilities while you can!

Happy modelling,

Edward

AllenA
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 26
29th Jun 2017 14:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30746

Ok Green with envy. Which one?

marky
(Lieutenant)

29th Jun 2017 15:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30749

its the eezebilt 50+RAF fire tender 20"long all the plans are in the plans section under free plans inc tamar lifeboat posted by Sonar at the bottom of the Tamar plans is a link to home page if you click the link it lets you access all the eezebilt plans ,building tips etc .

AllenA
(Lieutenant)

29th Jun 2017 17:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30764

Hi Marky, I chose the easier Dolphin 16 and used Excel to explode into 9 x A4 and then glued them together. Oh for your resources. I chose the Dolphin as I am out of practice and needed something simple. Good luck. Are you doing a blog?

AllenA
(Lieutenant)

29th Jun 2017 17:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30766

Here's the Dolphin 16 so far. I have upped her to 20" and a few modifications to total cabin coverage to give me room for the power and radio setup. Just realised this was not Eezebilt but a Meccano plan. I will probably try the Eezebilt Sea Princess next though. Ok, old age doesn't come on it's own.........

Attached Files - Click To View Large

marky
(Lieutenant)

29th Jun 2017 19:23  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30767

hopefuly get the parts on Monday i have never built anything radio controlled before as i came late to this addiction so its all a learning curve i am going to do the build with my grandson so may get another one cut and we can work in tandem .i only have a few more years of the facilities left ,i am hoping to stockpile lots of different boats someone at the work has a clyde puffer so i will scrounge a copy of that ,stockpile and spend my dotage building away to my hearts content

marky
(Lieutenant)

30th Jun 2017 13:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30787

my granddaughter has decided if her brother can build a boat and get glue in his hair and paint everywhere else then so can she (a little bit of big eyes and petted lip)so E-mailed my tame CAD lazer wizard to get another one cut he's going to cut one in ply and the other 2 in 3mm mdf for the kids ,the back bedroom's going to look like a shipyard with 3 on the slips

sonar
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 185
30th Jun 2017 15:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30790

More the merrier as they say

I much prefer the company of older woman but as the years go by there are less and less about..
marky
(Lieutenant)

5th Jul 2017 00:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/30956

managed to do some work on the scanned images today so with any luck should get them cut for the weekend thought of scaling one up by 50%to give a 20" and 30"boat