Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (22)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > eezebuild RAF tender
eezebuild RAF tender
(1161 views)
marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 157
17th Jul 2017 20:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31280

The bag of bits came today from Ricky and his magic laser ,he cut it in 3mm mdf as someone decided their need for the ply was greater ,so we can use this one as a test to iron out any little bugs

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Midlife306
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 142
17th Jul 2017 21:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31284

MDF does act like a sponge, but I would expect it to act the same with sanding sealer or fibreglass resin, don't discount it too soon👍
Cheers
Wayne

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

17th Jul 2017 23:53  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31291

shes going together really well a few wee bits that dont quite match a couple of gaps at the hull base that will be filled in with some off cuts

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 443
20th Jul 2017 14:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31335

Hi Marky, Is this a standard size ezibuilt? 18" or so? are you planning to bring these to market?

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jul 2017 19:06  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31340

Hi Mark , it is the 18"version there have been a few teething problems I didn't notice until after the build start that there was 2 sheets with amendments to the original with slightly longer base parts and the lower cockpit ,I have also been using the original build instructions which aren't the clearest .I printed off the original drawings and then had them scanned Ricky the kind man who mans the CAD facility at my work then worked his magic and hey-presto the bag of bits ,no plans for mass production .

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jul 2017 20:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31343

did another wee bit today ,decided to glaze the windows before assembling a bit tricky but a 7 year olds fingers come in handy, the windscreen went together quite well the roofs fitted reasonably well ,may put a 1mm white plastic roof over the mdf ones .had some nice oak strip so decided to plank the aft deck ,the forth picture shows the amended bow(not fitted) im not an expert but I prefer the original that I had fitted prior to knowing there was a mk2

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jul 2017 22:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31348

Hi Marky, whats the chance of a second kit of parts cut?? charge of course, even if we send it to charity, the only thing would be, that it was cut from ply not MDF

Regards

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jul 2017 23:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31349

Hi Mark , Back to work on Tuesday ,"off for a romantic weekend" ,that's what the wife is calling it anyway . I will speak to Ricky and see what he can do ,this one was supposed to be in ply but the sheet we had went walk about , I am building this one with my grandson I have another to build with his sister .will see what I can do for you .Cheers Marky

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

27th Jul 2017 23:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31522

hull cut and fitted tonight made from 2mm aero ply as bend as Susanne Daido (there's a name from the past for the more mature reader) few wee gaps but being new to the game i am a happy bunny and nothing a bit of filler wont fill

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Aug 2017 21:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31937

started the painting so will keep it under wraps until the great unvail ,one question does anyone know what scale it is ? I think its 1:35ish was wanting to put some crew on board ,might try 3D printing again

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Aug 2017 21:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31938

forgot to say earlier Jarvo ,Ricky is away on his honeymoon for a couple of weeks but says he will cut you a ply one once he's back .

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

10th Aug 2017 22:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31941

Cheers Marky, let me know what i owe and what we can do about it.

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

16th Aug 2017 21:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32099

not quite finished but she's now in the harbour +some more pictures

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

4th Sep 2017 13:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32725

Hi Mark(jarvo)

Ricky is back from his honeymoon and will get you one cut in ply when he has a minute, he has to get the workshop set up for the students coming back on Monday and then has a few weeks of workshop inductions ,but will try to do it sooner than later .
Cheer's Marky

Gravedigger47
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 3
4th Sep 2017 21:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32738

Hi! Marky, I have just recovering from a stroke Andi have a gaff rigged cutter half done but as it was my first time building a sail boat I was stuck when it came to the sail set up then the stroke I can't get back to it so I would wonder if you could possibly negotiate another set for the eezebilt RAF tender cut in plywood.
I would be most willingly pay for it no problem,
Please don't fret if its not possible I will understand
Laters then Mick

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

5th Sep 2017 09:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32750

hi Mick,

hope you are on the mend , once things settle down in the workshop I will see what Ricky can do for you .

Cheers Marky

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd Sep 2017 13:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33468

Hi Mick,

tried to pm you, but it went a bit weird (computer weird) Ricky has all your parts so will try and get it posted to you over the weekend.
Mark (Jarvo) haven't forgotten your one. the one cut for Mick is 50% bigger approx.30" do you want yours this size or the 20" version? .

Cheers marky

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd Sep 2017 19:54  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33476

Hi Marky, the 20" version please

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club
marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

22nd Sep 2017 21:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33479

Hi Mark , will see what I can get done next week .

Cheers Marky

marky
(Fleet Admiral!)

29th Sep 2017 13:24  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33822

Hi Mick ,

Just wanted to check if the parcel arrived ,also posted out the drawings and build instructions so you should get these soon .Mark, if you read this Ricky cut yours in the wrong material (MDF) so will recut it in ply either today or at the start of next week depending on his work load. I gave the MDF one to a student for her grandpa.👍

Cheers Marky

jarvo
(Fleet Admiral!)

29th Sep 2017 17:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33835

No worries marky, let me know what i owe.

Mark

Etherow Model Boat Club