Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
September 2017: 11 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 12 people
January 2017: 3 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (17)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > seeking help and advice
seeking help and advice
(133 views)
TheNest-7
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
12th Aug 2017 11:43  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31987

Just trying to contact anyone for help and advice. My father built a boat for me in 1942 , which I used to sail at goodrington pond during the war years. It has been packed away for a long time and I would like to restore it and use it with my g.children and gg.children. I am now very new to anything like this. the boat is a yacht, 3' long and 6' tall

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1284
12th Aug 2017 12:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31989

Hi and welcome to the site.
Yachts are not the easiest of models to renovate as over the years the control and sailing methods have evolved quite dramatically.
The map shows you appear to be located in the Torquay area and I suggest you look in this sites Model Boat Clubs section and find a local club near to your location. Present your self at one of their sailing days and ask them if they would be prepared to help.
Hopefully a member on this site who is local to your area may be able to help. I am too far away in Sandbach.
Sounds like a nice yacht, are you able to post any pictures?
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave