Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (28)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > A SPLASH IN THE WATER
A SPLASH IN THE WATER
(159 views)
Les-Forbes
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 43
20th Sep 2017 11:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33402

I'm not a member of any model boat club yet, but I am about to join two that I have visited recently, where the member's have been very welcoming. They even said that if was sailing my boat and got into difficulty, they would wade out and rescue if the boat got stuck in any obstruction under the water.

That got me thinking. If I was to sail my boat at any pond or small lake etc and I did get into difficulty and did not have a 'Rescue Boat' I would need to have some sort of protective clothes. These waders and wellingtons both come to less than twenty pounds. Is that a good buy.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 167
21st Sep 2017 00:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33415

Price wise yes but you need chest waders as some waters are over 3 ft deep. Leg waders don't cover that depth usually.👍

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1034
21st Sep 2017 02:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33419

I'd need what my German friends call 'a full body condom' 😲
Our lake in the Ostpark is 3metres (~10feet) from about 20ft offshore.
Last time I had to rescue HMS Hotspur I swam out in my underpants🤔
At least I got a round of applause from the Biergarten guests! 😉
By Jove was the wind chilly when I came out!? As in: "I don't know where it's coming from but I sure as hell know where it's going" 😡
happy wading, Doug 😎

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 167
21st Sep 2017 22:34  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33450

Doug I know what you mean about knowing which way the wind is blowing. One cold April day when I was 17 I had to strip to my undies to get to a 9 yr old who fell into Newsham Park model boating pond. Everyone else was standing shouting instructions to the poor lad. I ran round half the pool to get to him just as he had gone down for the third and last time.I had to pick him off the bottom. His heavy overcoat which bouyed him up at first had got logged and dragged him down.When I got him to the bank he was breathing ok but as I got out the wind hit me. Luckily it was just up to my Nuts so only a bit of my undies got wet . Y fronts.I got a letter of commendation from Shipwreck and Humane Society . And his mum put a thank you letter in the Echo as I hadn't wanted the publicity so didn't know who I was. But as you said you do know where the wind goes.😋👍😜

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1034
21st Sep 2017 22:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/33452

Brilliant, I raise my hat! 👍👍👍
You deserved more than just a letter!
Like I said, I got just a round of applause, and a few 'interesting suggestions' from some of the 'ladies(?)' present 😲😉

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug